What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Did some testing on the RS3 locomotive, one of its axles isn't picking up power, the rear most one. It has 4 axles in total, all 4 are drive axles and also all 4 are supposed to pickup power from the rails. Nest step is to remove the motor block from the rear boogie and open it up and inspect for bad contacts. Looking online its not uncommon for Aristo Craft diesels to develop dead axle issues.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
GIF by Giffffr

pulp fiction zed GIF

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
After getting a random day off work so the shred truck can be serviced, I decided to go play golf and let my oldest drive the cart. They had a blast, I played well, so with momentum on my side I came home and started trimming and mowing. Stupid cub cadet won't start so gotta look into that, hopefully just the battery.

Decided to start cutting in a putting/chipping area into the backyard. It's gonna be several years before I can build a shop (we kinda move further out so a detached shop might wait anyways). Anyways, I got a golf cup/flag kit, started getting the grass real short. Not trying to have anything fancy, just something fun to practice on and the girls can goof around if they want. I have more work to do, but when I can't sneak out onto the course this will do good....
20210604_191652.jpg
20210604_194119.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
IMG_20210604_201728_650.jpg

I started mocking up some rando hydraulic throwout bearing that I got from Trimble out of a Cobrakit car. It needs a spacer ring machined to match the throw of the Howe, but I think it will work. I also need a seal with a smaller I.D. Anyone got a National or Chicago Rawhide chart?

Reactions: 7 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Entirely too long ago we started on trying to level the sagging floor in the living room due to a heavy SOB fireplace mantel.

Throwing in egress window installation, running natural gas line for a fireplace, sistering sagging floor joists, removing ceiling sheetrock and replacing, repainting everything, putting a ceiling fan in and moving the lights, it's almost done.

Still need to put in the crown molding and cut and stain new baseboard trim but it's liveable again. The previous owner used crown molding for baseboard trim and it looks like junk so more scope creep. And trim out the other basement window and probably replace it since it's nailed shut because more scope creep.

Just in time to hang out downstairs since we still don't have AC because it was in the plan for this year but everything is out of stock. Great.

IMG_20210606_175927.jpg

IMG_20210606_175944.jpg

The problem is I'm not even bad at trimming out windows and I moderately didn't despise it. That's in the spare bed.
IMG_20210606_180206.jpg

And living room
IMG_20210606_180050.jpg

Considering it looked like that this January
Resized952021010395132728.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My weekend turned out alright, I was shjtt!ng my pants over the cooling system. On Friday it would keep its cool on track, but barf when you lifted so I wasn't sure I could trust the gauge fearing an air pocket. It was losing a good half gallon of water per practice session with clean air. I got to talking around and found most run higher than the stock 18 psi cap. This wouldn't help with the disappearing water, but it would help keep the cap from venting longer which would keep more of the water that is there in the system. So I ordered the cap Friday and it was ready early Saturday morning. Easy peasy, warmup and qual were short sessions just needed it for race 1. A guy with a cracked block raved about Bar's block and head fixer upper, so being desperate I nabbed a bottle of that too. It wasn't the usual coarse black crap that plugs everything, it was very fine copper looking flakes. After 1 session with that I lost a consistent quart-ish per race and the car kept its cool on track. Hell yes. I qualified 4th and finished 2nd in R1, 4th in R2, 2nd in R3, and 2nd in the final. I actually had pole for the final and blew it like a b!tch. Still kicking myself for that, but I decimated my previous PB there and finally got on the podium at Hallett with my picture taken and sprayed champagne on the other 2 for the first time so that felt awesome. Now to get that pic with my car parked in front of the podium. . . I'll post vids at some point this week. This was my biggest race weekend of the year.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Getting the outside work pad completed gave me the space that I needed to set up a pair of portable saw horses and move all the 2 x4's over from the scaffold decking pile to their new home. Having them on the pad put them in position for me to pull the saw deck over and line it up.with the lawn side man door. Open the door and ready to feed wood to the saw. All this so i could start cutting rails and ribs for cribbing. As of Sunday night I had 20 cribbing frames completed and had already stacked and positioned 16 of them under my Non G-Body -G-Body. i added another layer to the front wheels and two layers to the back today; that gives me 6 x 3 or slightly over 18 inches of static height at the front and about 12 at the back. 2 x 4's are not 2 inches thick unless you score dimensional lumber which is muy mas $$$$$$ and only really for renovation work on vintage houses.

The point to all this is to get the van high enough off the ground so that a transmission located on a transmission jack can slide under the vehicle and be installed. I may still need to add one more layer to the front and two to the back which means more time on the saw deck. Seven layers of cribbing under the front wheels should give me around 22 inches of lift, even with the suspension under load. The plan is to post pictures of the whole creation once I have it where I want it to be. A test/trial without the t-mission loaded showed that the jack will reach the oil pan of the resident unit. For those who are reading this and scratching their skulls as to why, try finding a t-mission shop open during a Covid pandemic. They are not considered essential around here so the lock is on the door and the gone fishing sign is in the window. i had thought about acquiring one of those drive on ramps that use an electirc motor or pump of some kind to rise up but for what is intended to be a on shot deal the price was beyond the range of the budget. The other thing is that the last time I had to resort to using a shop, they messed up my west coast mirrors and I had to take them completely apart to reset and re-align them. The mirrors are older than the van and a picture of them shows up beside the definition of "Un-obtanium"

Anyway......

Nick

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor