What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

alright, let's get this thread back on track. I'm just recovering from some flu-like sh*t for the last 3 days so my projects have been on hold.

anyone else? Bueller......Bueller.....Bueller?

Reactions: Ugly1
Aaaaaaaand, in the spirit of as 86LK said, getting back to the thread on track, I went to the Don Hoenig's Swap Meet at Thompson Motor Speedway last weekend.

Had oncology in Worcester I was headed up for anyways, so, went a couple days early and hit the meet, then played in Newport a couple days, and then appt, a day or two visiting some family, and, got back home tonight.

My.big score I forgot to take a pic of and I left it in the W Springfield warehouse. What was it? A NOS driver side g-series van fender i snagged for $20, in the primer, and.no storage rust or dents. CopperNick should appreciate that one. So, my drivetrain donor g3500 extended wheelbase display van may wind up resurrected yet. I've got just about everything that was bent on it now sitting to repair it. And if I decide not to, again, it's money in the bank to flip the fender on the back end.

Aaaaaaaand, in the spirit of as 86LK said, getting back to the thread on track, I went to the Don Hoenig's Swap Meet at Thompson Motor Speedway last weekend.

Had oncology in Worcester I was headed up for anyways, so, went a couple days early and hit the meet, then played in Newport a couple days, and then appt, a day or two visiting some family, and, got back home tonight.

My.big score I forgot to take a pic of and I left it in the W Springfield warehouse. What was it? A NOS driver side g-series van fender i snagged for $20, in the primer, and.no storage rust or dents. CopperNick should appreciate that one. So, my drivetrain donor g3500 extended wheelbase display van may wind up resurrected yet. I've got just about everything that was bent on it now sitting to repair it. And if I decide not to, again, it's money in the bank to flip the fender on the back end.

Went to the junkyard today and found a 2013 Impala with like-new front brakes on it. The later Impalas had dual piston calipers and bigger rotors than the Lacrosses so I grabbed everything. Rotors still have machining marks. I'm gonna try to get everything cleaned up and installed later in the week.
20231111_154619.jpg
20231111_154638.jpg

I have been restoring some steel rims for my Grandson's Cobalt. He needs some Summer duty hard compound tires and my tire of choice has been Tiger Paws. They are 700 UTQG and they last and last. Five of my rides have them and so far not a peep. I wire-wheeled the rusty rims insides, power-washed them, now painting them up. I am waiting on some TPMS sensors to get here so I can grab a deal at BJ's for free installation. Yet they want to charge me 'tire disposal fee' when the rims are bare WTF!?! IMG_0729_03.JPG

I have a cheapola Harbor Break tire stand, works pretty good after I reinforced it a bit. It is the balancing I need to farm out. I have a buddy with a busy shop who lets me use the $3000 balancer. It is in an easy spot and I am not in the way. His tire machine is in a bad spot and almost always in use so I don't like to be in the way. But I could use it if I wanted. But if I get them mounted at BJ's they come with some warranty goodies my Grandson may need. Free re-balancing, flats fixed, free rotation, and a free road hazard warranty. He is an hour away from me so that may come in handy for him. I have to go to the BJ's tire shop and talk to the manager. They have two free installation coupons. One expires 11/16 and the other expires 12/24. Which is it? The online help was no help. Maybe he will write me up without the BS charges. I am bringing him four bare rims with TPMS already in place. Just a mount and balance for each and I am gone.

Last edited:
BS like that is why I bought a tire machine and balancer. I'm sure they've paid for themselves over the last 5 years. Come on over and I'll mount em up.

They're on my list of things to get. Don't forget about the time saved too, not having to drive to drop off and pick them back up plus the money spent. I'm lucky that I have a friend with machines I can use now.

They're on my list of things to get. Don't forget about the time saved too, not having to drive to drop off and pick them back up plus the money spent. I'm lucky that I have a friend with machines I can use now.
Tire mounting/balancing machines are high on the wish list, right behind the first lift.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor