What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i was never in the service so i can't join the prick waving fight
I drove the k1500 to my girlfriends house to load it up with stuff for the move.

Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I actually had an old balancer machine. A guy that rented out cars for movies and TV shows sold it to me for $100. An old AAMCO- weighed a ton, I got it to work great, then when I bolted it down to my shed floor, something happened. It got out of sorts and even with the factory manual I could not get it back working right. I had the test-balance weight, adjusted the dials inside, followed the book to the letter. It never worked again so I had to dump it. Rats!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hey, Texas82GP, whatever happened with your Roadmaster? The thread is locked. Did you keep it or sell it?
I still have it. It's in deep hibernation.
I've just been busy elsewhere. Dad moved from Spring to Willis in mid July. My brother and I have been out there pretty much every Saturday since. We started with hooking up the ice maker, putting together beds, setting up Dad's home stereo, etc., but quickly transitioned to a full renovation of the detached garage. Repairing rotten sill plates, rewiring much of the building, replacing rotten siding, adding lighting, insulating, sheetrocking, etc. It's a big job. I have a lot of pictures and have considered making a thread. I just haven't had the time.

Around six weeks ago, Sean and I were at my storage to build a wooden rack to hold boxes. We saved every box that came to the house for probably two years. We made a deal and split the cost of all the boxes Dad bought and ended up with them. We needed a storage solution. I went to pull out the Roadmaster and it was as dead as a stump. Battery. I got Rock Auto to replace the Deka Intimidator AGM under warranty. It had a few months of warranty left. It was slow but I got a new battery for a $20 shipping label instead of $250 + tax. When I installed it in the car, I turned the key on, let the fuel pump prime, turned the key off, turned it back on, let the fuel pump prime, then bumped the starter and it cranked right up like I had driven it the previous day.

I need to drive it. I don't think it has been driven since April. Right now I'm the middle of doing a lot of work on my truck so the timing is bad. The good news is I have quite a bit of work lined up for it. I'll be traveling to Venus, Crandall, McLendon-Chisholm, Gunter, Navasota, and some other places for work over the next six months and the Roadmaster will get the job. It will get the exercise and make me money on the mileage.

I've definitely neglected to drive it this year, but I saved that car from a bad end and have preserved it. It's parked on concrete, under a cover, in the dark, in suspended animation.

Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took her out for the probably the last weekend jaunt, went to my buddies shop day and messed with his cousin in laws 4th gen z28 so we had to roll the Monte out of the bay. Met my buddy for breakfast before to follow him over the shop, broke the bad news when I was on the phone that I saw 3 door dings in the Viper he hadn't known about. He was thinking they came from breakfast, people amaze me. Then went to a car show yesterday with another buddy, once we got close to the house his tires for some reason started to smoke:wax:

20231112_125456.jpg
20231111_104831.jpg
20231111_101534.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yet they want to charge me 'tire disposal fee' when the rims are bare WTF!?!
So I went to check it out at BJ's. The sale ends on 11/16, But he said it is going to be extended to 12/24. That is why there are two dates. But I should do the order online and then have to pay for the 'disposal' and then go to customer service and get it refunded. It's only $10 but it's the principal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So I went to check it out at BJ's. The sale ends on 11/16, But he said it is going to be extended to 12/24. That is why there are two dates. But I should do the order online and then have to pay for the 'disposal' and then go to customer service and get it refunded. It's only $10 but it's the principal.

The assumption is that you're hucking the tires into the woods to avoid paying the fee. It's supposed to incentivize you to bring the tires in for recycling since they're gonna charge you anyway. But in the case where tires that didn't exist now do, you get screwed.

Nov 4, 2012
The assumption is that you're hucking the tires into the woods to avoid paying the fee. It's supposed to incentivize you to bring the tires in for recycling since they're gonna charge you anyway. But in the case where tires that didn't exist now do, you get screwed.
I prefer to chuck my used tires in the river.
4b1d580c23243b689ce321f7a1c96880.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey listen, as a kid I spent summers in a small coal mining town in PA. We used to walk to the edge of town and chuck the garbage over the side of the hill. Later I would learn to shoot at the rats with a .22. I'm not sure when they put a stop to that, but eventually they did. Here in Shitty City all I have to do is drive them over to a Sanitation garage where they have a big dumpster just for tires. EZPZ. Anyway I have been trying to contact someone at BJ's that can even understand the problem. I keep getting phone numbers to call that don't know the answer either. Good thing I am retireded or I would just give up.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor