What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

installed the filler neck collar thing on the k1500 after seeing not having it was coating the filler in whatever i drove through. I removed it when i dropped the tank and was being lazy and didnt put it back on. Then drove to dsm to see my grandma after i put the new plates on. i gotta make a little mount for the front plate on the plow mount. Grandma was delighted to see the truck being driven, washed, cleaned, and used. I'll say this, damn thing dont leak a drop of oil. Only vehicle i have that doesn't leave a puddle. ripped the headliner out and vacuumed the foam. fabric was like wet single ply. no amount of pushpins tape or staples would've saved it.

Took my Z06 out for a little spin, nice day out here.

20230506_082950.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. I'm told I should have given you an update because I haven't sense October when I first got sick but this isn't about my health. Lexi's Camaro got done by me at the shop between my hospital stays (No I'm not going into that I don't have the answers and this is my place to not talk about that) Just know I'm not dead yet. Lexi is now driving her Camaro and she's moved out of the house. It still won't pass inspection the check engine light is on again. Still says mass air flow sensor but I put 3 new and 1 used GM one in it same sh*t. They can't all be bad. But it runs good and she has moved on with her life in fact I've only seen her once sense she moved out. The truck well the truck. In hine sight I should have pulled that motor and re-ringed it. $250,000 MI and 34 lbs of boost have taken there toll on the rings. Bad blow by but whatever. The bigger problem now is it has mad fuel pressure on the returns and blew one off an injector so I ordered new returns and O-rings they were supposed to come Friday but I nope! Well at least I can own guns again. If new jersey approves. Who am I kidding I don't even have time for the paperwork

Reactions: 5 users
Changed the rear axle oil in the F-150. Ford has spec'd 75w140 in axles for forever but in or around 2015 they switched to 75w85. I'm guessing they were trying to squeeze MPGs from anywhere they could. But I had 2 quarts of 75w140 here so that's what I went with. I wanted to get a cover with a fill and drain plug but the cheapest one out there is around $250. Maybe next time. Also, whoever came up with these squeeze bottles deserves a medal.
20230506_195316.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. I'm told I should have given you an update because I haven't sense October when I first got sick but this isn't about my health. Lexi's Camaro got done by me at the shop between my hospital stays (No I'm not going into that I don't have the answers and this is my place to not talk about that) Just know I'm not dead yet. Lexi is now driving her Camaro and she's moved out of the house. It still won't pass inspection the check engine light is on again. Still says mass air flow sensor but I put 3 new and 1 used GM one in it same sh*t. They can't all be bad. But it runs good and she has moved on with her life in fact I've only seen her once sense she moved out. The truck well the truck. In hine sight I should have pulled that motor and re-ringed it. $250,000 MI and 34 lbs of boost have taken there toll on the rings. Bad blow by but whatever. The bigger problem now is it has mad fuel pressure on the returns and blew one off an injector so I ordered new returns and O-rings they were supposed to come Friday but I nope! Well at least I can own guns again. If new jersey approves. Who am I kidding I don't even have time for the paperwork
Just glad to hear you're still with us and moving forward the best you can. Its a small consolation, but I can tell you that when they figure it out it seems anticlimactic, the shock value isn't there as if it came from left field. At least not for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Got one that I have been passing on cause it's a discard of the BIL. Went to pick up the Jr. Mechanic over at the BIL's house to find out (in front of the boy & you can't say no thanks to something like that in front of him) he's just going to give it to him. It's an older gocart that has clutch issues that he was never able to straighten out, hydro brakes converted to cable, a plus with new tires & Predator engine. Now I have to make space for it, fix it, make it safe for the Jr. Mechanic, set up a course behind the house for it. I hope I can make someones trash into treasure.

Reactions: 5 users
Good to hear from you stranger. I got a car here that needs blasting if you're interested.

Reactions: 4 users
Good to hear from you stranger. I got a car here that needs blasting if you're interested.
Interesting yes however currently I can't pick up the bags. Soon though hopefully. I'm planning on bringing the rig home here to the house. I hope to start doing small blasting jobs here at the house. I still have my job but I'm now office staff so no overtime anymore and it's hitting me in the wallet. I'm even moving my 87 out of the building because then I won't need to pay rent. In planning for that I even purchased a 8.5 x 20 enclosed trailer from a landscaping company. It needs some work before I can put my car in it though. 20 years ago I used the very same trailer to move into my house. It was brand new and never had a car or machine in it yet. 20 years later it's not so nice. But it was cheap!

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting yes however currently I can't pick up the bags. Soon though hopefully. I'm planning on bringing the rig home here to the house. I hope to start doing small blasting jobs here at the house. I still have my job but I'm now office staff so no overtime anymore and it's hitting me in the wallet. I'm even moving my 87 out of the building because then I won't need to pay rent. In planning for that I even purchased a 8.5 x 20 enclosed trailer from a landscaping company. It needs some work before I can put my car in it though. 20 years ago I used the very same trailer to move into my house. It was brand new and never had a car or machine in it yet. 20 years later it's not so nice. But it was cheap!

Lay down some 2x on the floor and drive it on in. And as mentioned, good to have a sign of life.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor