What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Thought someone had already called dibs on that....................... Savanna, presumably in Georgia, is way too far for me to make the run or it would be an interesting exercise. i have a hard time with the logistics for making it to Wauseon in Ohio.

Nick
Correct, but Georgia weather IS pleasant this time of year. Pleasant enough to be worth a 4000 mile round trip? Probably not.

Friend of mine gave me this Foley Belsaw 308 chain grinder that was collecting dust in his garage. I don't currently own a chain grinder and I could certainly use one. It needs gone through but it's supposed to be a really solid machine. Shame so much paint is flaking off. I've got the vise and a homemade stand for it. No foot pedal unfortunately. Should clean up well and be useful though.
20230507_162849.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I got some bad news this past week. My grandfather who I fixed the Lacrosse for began having some trouble breathing on Friday. My aunt took him to the hospital and they found he had some mild pneumonia but weren't sure what was causing it, so they transferred him to another hospital. They ran some more tests and found that he has Leukemia. It is fairly late stage and very aggressive. He's not in any pain and he's in good spirits (he was devising plans for us to sneak scotch in the hospital for him) but it is likely terminal and the timetable is very short. Were it not for the pneumonia they probably would've never even found the cancer as he has no real symptoms. For now they are going to treat the pneumonia so that he can get home. I'm a bit stunned by the suddenness of it all but I'm glad he won't be suffering for months in a hospital bed. He seems very comfortable with the diagnosis and I think he has readied himself for when God calls him. He definitely seems a lot more prepared to go than we are prepared for him to leave.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I got some bad news this past week. My grandfather who I fixed the Lacrosse for began having some trouble breathing on Friday. My aunt took him to the hospital and they found he had some mild pneumonia but weren't sure what was causing it, so they transferred him to another hospital. They ran some more tests and found that he has Leukemia. It is fairly late stage and very aggressive. He's not in any pain and he's in good spirits (he was devising plans for us to sneak scotch in the hospital for him) but it is likely terminal and the timetable is very short. Were it not for the pneumonia they probably would've never even found the cancer as he has no real symptoms. For now they are going to treat the pneumonia so that he can get home. I'm a bit stunned by the suddenness of it all but I'm glad he won't be suffering for months in a hospital bed. He seems very comfortable with the diagnosis and I think he has readied himself for when God calls him. He definitely seems a lot more prepared to go than we are prepared for him to leave.
Enjoy him as long as you can cause it sucks after they're gone. It's been 26 years since I lost my grandfather & there's so I still wish we could of done together. The Jr. Mechanic was named after him for how close we were.

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to hear that Joe.

I just wrote and deleted 5 different responses to this one over the past 10 minutes. But I will say that the right oncologist/hematologist can help find oral chemo programs that may have quite tolerable side effects. Even in blast phase if his leukemia is in acute status.

I'm still learning the ropes a bit myself, but, there's a good bit of resources out there too these days. It took less than a week for the Philadelphia chromosome gene typing to come back, then that day they started my treatment. Doesn't have to be any particular waiting period like some cancers.

If you want to talk about it at all, or some heads up on some info, feel free to pm.

Reactions: 3 users
Enjoy him as long as you can cause it sucks after they're gone. It's been 26 years since I lost my grandfather & there's so I still wish we could of done together. The Jr. Mechanic was named after him for how close we were.
yep, both my grandfathers died before I was born, my mother died before my daughter and my brothers daughters were born. mine and one of his has my mother's first and middle names, respectively, as their middle names. but that doesn't make up for lost time. my father is 92 but hasn't seen his granddaughters in over 10 yrs except via video phone calls since he lives in Europe.

as pagrunt said, enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Dennis. I've been very fortunate as I've lived next door to him most of my life. He's a hell of a role model to try to live like.
Sorry to hear that Joe.

I just wrote and deleted 5 different responses to this one over the past 10 minutes. But I will say that the right oncologist/hematologist can help find oral chemo programs that may have quite tolerable side effects. Even in blast phase if his leukemia is in acute status.

I'm still learning the ropes a bit myself, but, there's a good bit of resources out there too these days. It took less than a week for the Philadelphia chromosome gene typing to come back, then that day they started my treatment. Doesn't have to be any particular waiting period like some cancers.

If you want to talk about it at all, or some heads up on some info, feel free to pm.
Thanks brother. Initially the docs wanted to give him some mild chemotherapy but after an EKG they fear that his heart won't be able to handle it. He'll be 89 next month and he has Atrial Fib, which he has had for a long time but they said his arteries are a lot more hardened than they were expecting. Regardless, 89 is a good, long run and he didn't waste it. He was married for 60 years, had the best example of a marriage I've ever seen, raised 8 kids who by most definitions are productive, functioning members of society.

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry to hear buddy, like it was mentioned make the the most of it and we know you haven't taken it for granted

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor