What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

The application guide for this pump spec'd it as correct for both the 03 Camaro and the same year Vette. Spacing the pump out from the block would likely bring it in line with the stock truck pulley but that loses me space between the fan and the rad, unless I go with front mount electric fans. Think my next step will probably be to find a Camaro pulley and do a pulley swap. Most of the rest of the FEAD, the various mounting brackets, is going to be Camaro components anyway. Right now I have had to shift project priorities again; sort of the dance floor two-step, only with cars.

Nick

Got a pic of that 03 Camaro?

• Haha
Reactions: Rktpwrd
Not off hand. The pump was an E-Bay buy and the auction site included a "what fits what" guide. I went with the basic year of my motor and acquired a pump that was listed as applicable to that year group.

Nick

Not off hand. The pump was an E-Bay buy and the auction site included a "what fits what" guide. I went with the basic year of my motor and acquired a pump that was listed as applicable to that year group.

Nick

You should definitely ask the seller for a pic of that 03 Camaro.

• Haha
Reactions: Rktpwrd
I want to see that '03 Camaro as well.

kevin hart look GIF

Nick
02 was the last year of the Camaro until the 5th gen came out (2010). Post up the pic of that pump you bought Nick. Supercharged111 , Built6spdMCSS if I remember correctly it looked like an aftermarket pump with a very wide pully on it so its a one size fits most type of deal.

Yes, or just about close enough to be a kissing cousin. Looking at the FEAD on that motor in the picture, the crank pulley does not look like it is stock. Just as a question here, is this a project in progress or a build shot from an install that got done some time back? I can't see the firewall but what I can see of the frame rails and steering box seems to say this is a drop in a G-body.

As for the confusion about the year,

https://www.google.com/search?q=200...kgEDMy44mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

This is pretty much the search string that I used to find the auction.

As I mentioned above, the listing suggested that the part was appropriate for both corvettes and camaros. If there is no such thing as an 03, and I defer to the Camaro afficianados on this forum on the subject as the last Camaros I had any love for were 68-70 DZ's, then I probably went with the 'vette application; the part number was the same in the what fits what list of years/makes/models.

As for "03" Camaro, think '88' Monte Carlo. Sold in the 88 year, they were just leftover 87's by all accounts that ended up being marketed as 88's just to get rid of them. Any 02 Camaro left over at the end of the '02 sales year would either have been sold the following year as an 02, or the advertising tweaked by the sales department to make buyers think they were getting an '03. Toe-may-toe--Toe-mah-toe.

Nick

Last edited:
1988 Monte Carlo SS is a thing, anything 2003 Fbody is not.
Yes, or just about close enough to be a kissing cousin. Looking at the FEAD on that motor in the picture, the crank pulley does not look like it is stock. Just as a question here, is this a project in progress or a build shot from an install that got done some time back? I can't see the firewall but what I can see of the frame rails and steering box seems to say this is a drop in a G-body.
It's what's in my SS man...Crank Pulley is a 25% Under Drive Pulley for the LS Engine. More Horsepowers.

Accessory Set is factory 1998-2002 LS1 Fbody.

6.0L T56 FRONT CENTER.jpg

Okay, and that answers another question as to what year group/generation I ought to be trolling in to find the best combination of parts for what I intend to assemble.

Thanks.

Nick

The replacement NOS 4.6 intake arrived yesterday but the weather is going to be too crummy to work on the P71 for a week. In the meantime I can unbolt the crossover from the new manifold to glue the coolant O rings into their grooves to prevent cracking. The problem with O rings vs gaskets is that the O ring grooves are stress risers surrounding the ports, not good. Gunk can squeeze into the air pockets between the O ring and groove which can cause issues.

Good news is that because 4.6s are OHC, there is no lifter valley for the coolant to enter inside the engine. This also helps with intake manifold replacing.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor