What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
A place to start. Guessing now that I will have to dig out my thread pitch gauge and micrometer to see if we have a match.

THX

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Aaaannn-nd, Uh-uh, no match. Took about an hour of finagling but the apparent winner for a description of the that screw is....(insert drum roll........)

8-36 x .250 T-15 Torx head RH machine screw. For the cornfused and befuddled that breaks down to a

Number 8 machine screw, 36 TPI (threads per inch) which is considered as being fine thread and actually is listed on my drilling and tapping chart from Taylor, .235 inches true; closest domestic iteration being a 1/4 inch or .250, T-15 because that is the head configuration on it, and RH because it is more or less a round head; (the pickiest would say a button head with shoulder but that would be going down a very deep unobtanium rabbit hole.)

So I can get a reasonable facsimile using these specs only I have to buy a 100/box and pay the shipping/handling because it is a non-stock item at my hardware wholesaler.

What I think will be my next step will be to pay a visit to the yard now that they are back from a mass vacation and see if my panel is in and if they have a dizzie on the shelf that I can borrow to test my theory on the size I need.

Joy.......

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Replaced the spark plugs and wires in the Buick LaCrosse today. They were original as far as I can tell. I forgot how much doing those rear 3 plugs sucks. Old plugs were made by NGK in Japan, new ones are made in USA. Same part number. Guess GM changed suppliers.
20230714_190540.jpg

20230714_142214.jpg
20230714_141825.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Snagged this LS6 Intake as is local for $100, guy pulled it from a 2001 Corvette Coupe so since it came from a LS1 it's all LS1 parts according to him.

Part number and flat bottom said otherwise..😎

20230715_124121.jpg

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I showed my Grandson how to change the serpentine belt on his Mom's Subaru. After he was done, in like 10 minutes, he said- People PAY to have that done? Why?!? Ahhh, you are learning, grasshopper.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
People pay because they don't have the tools, skills, and time. They have the money tho, somehow

I'm thankful to have all 3 and what my dad taught me growing up to build on from there. Eventually I'll pass it down.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
More research on that elusive machine screw led me to McMaster-Carr which does carry exactly what I described in a button head in small numbers for a decent price. Catch is they are in the You-Ess of Eh? and the S/H is typically hideous.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
More research on that elusive machine screw led me to McMaster-Carr which does carry exactly what I described in a button head in small numbers for a decent price. Catch is they are in the You-Ess of Eh? and the S/H is typically hideous.

Nick
take a vacation south of the border and return home with some in your pockets (y)

I'm surprised you can't get your local hardware store to order some in

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor