What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Well.............the original plan was to wash the front picture window and take the opportunity to inspect the frame/trim paint and touch up any issues.......................yeah, right.
The reality check was three hours spent on a ladder with, first, a hand scraper to remove all the loose debris, and then my electric orbital sander to get the rest off. Add two more hours to make a run to the hardware store for paint, rollers, brushes, and a couple of clean bunny suits, then back onto the ladder to apply two coats of Zinser 1-2-3 primer/sealant to the fresh bare wood.

Good thing too, as it just finished raining, complete with thunder and lightening, that no one had forecasted to happen until it did.

Got off the ladder, cleaned up the roller and brush and tray, put it all away, and returned back into the shop to shoot a coat(s) of clear to seal the basecoat shot that I applied on the fender inner flanges of the S-10. That completes, (I think), all the paint work for this year. (That woodpecker sound is me hammering away on wood, jic)

Tomorrow will be back up the ladder to apply the top coat colors, then spend some quality time with the DMV to renew my llcense for the G-10, Maybe along the way I can take a detour and finally get to that pick a part yard out in the industrial zone. After that, put the front wheels back on the S-10 and torque the wheel nuts, then put it back on the floor again. About time as this job has taken way too long due mostly to having to regularly down tools to call in work call in.

The hope is that I can all or most of the above done tomorrow as the rest of the week is forcasted to be a soggy wet mess. Of course it is, Canadian Turkey Day is next Monday and, up here at least, long weekends usually come with at least one day of rain.]

Nick

Guys I'm doing what I can when I can and it doesn't seem like much but I'm doing Lauren's band session started back up so I don't have her on Saturday anymore. The things I'm doing are smaa but all on different projects basically organizing myself I'll start putting things in the proper threads. I am all moved out of the building just gotta go back for my cutlass nose

Reactions: 1 user
turned my empty 390 into a longblock.
gonna paint it up purdy, finish the f250 floor pans, try to sell em. Moving into a place with my soon to be fiance, and would like the extra cash.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I was going to update my threads but there locked so I guess that's it then
Which ones would you like open? Even if they re-open, if they aren't posted in soon enough the site locks them again for inactivity during the next time period it looks at them.

70° out this morning, that nice cool fall air to get out and drive in. :)

20231007_103634.jpg

My 2006 Lacrosse has been out of commission on account of fuel lines that rusted out and were leaking. I ordered new ones from GM, but due to the UAW strike, the ETA was anyone's guess. After two weeks I grew impatient so I took a ride to the junkyard and found a set of decent used lines.
20231005_112644.jpg

I didn't initially realize that the replacement vent line was 3/8" and my rusted original vent was 5/16". Because of that, I had to order a reduction fitting from Amazon as no one stocks a 3/8" to 5/16". Also, thank you to whoever at GM decided not to put a fuel pump access panel in these cars. Because of that, I had to drop the fuel tank, which required dropping the exhaust. But finally after all the swearing, everything is back together and running. I also did an oil change since it was due in about 300 miles.
20231005_172312.jpg

20231005_171905.jpg

Here's the leaking, rusty old lines.
20231007_161250.jpg

The rest of the undercarriage looks about the same which is unfortunate considering how well the car runs. I'm not really sure what my long term plans are for it (I do have some ambitions of swapping and 3800 S/C into it), but if I plan to keep it for much longer, I'm probably going to have to replace some suspension parts, exhaust hangers, hardware, etc. I'm probably going to order a new fuel tank fill neck for it as well, because that was also quite rusty.

Reactions: 3 users
Any other regular RockAuto customers notice they've been slacking on magnets lately? My last 7 or 8 orders, all over $100, probably since January, have only gotten maybe 1 magnet.

I want my damn magnets.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Any other regular RockAuto customers notice they've been slacking on magnets lately? My last 7 or 8 orders, all over $100, probably since January, have only gotten maybe 1 magnet.

I want my damn magnets.
I just got 2. One with a warranty replacement battery for the Roadmaster and the other with a pair of wiper blades for my truck.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor