What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
so that they lay completely against that back panel
Unfortunately that panel is for the rear seat back. As it is, I still have to crawl up into my garage attic, and drag down a rear seat just to make sure what I am doing will still allow the seat to fit. I also have a 1967 fold down rear seat that I wanted to use. But I am seeing on the 1rst gen site that the fold down rear seat is slightly different between a hard top and convertible car. So while it was a major breakthrough to figure out how to get the roll bar to fit the basic car, I still am figuring out if all the interior parts will still fit. I already have a problem with the main uprights being smack dab where you need to squeeze into the rear seats.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Rear Seats??? Thought this was going to be a two seater and FUN! Rear seats are just places to park back seat drivers who like nothing better than to spoil your fun by whining and snivelling about how fast, or slow, you are going and how they want to stop and shop and do stuff totally unrelated to the joys and pleasures of just getting in the car and driving.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And today finishes off a complete week of nothing. The last thing that got done was the clear shot on the S-10 box side. The rest of the week got spent at work bouncing from assignment to assignment and back again. That whiff of stress burn in the air got genuinely intense for a day or two.

Back into the shop tomorrow to tack some flanges together and then throw paint at the seam. The front crossmember wants some paint as well and then down on the ground it goes.

The van has been a rock but early pre dawn driving got me worried about the early driving sheeple and squirrels not seeing my tail and brake lights so I elected to swap out the incandescent bulbs for LED's.

Not exactly happy with the Osram/Sylvania's that I picked up. For daylight driving with no headlights they work fine. For night time with the headlights on, the blinker indicator lights on the dash light up and with just the key in the "ON" position and the headlights on , will not blink. The engine has to be running if the lights are on, to get the turn signals to flash. They do flash and turn off, but that just returns the dash lights to a solid display.

There is no ballast in that circuit but i may have to wire one in. The other option is a different flasher that comes with a dedicated ground wire. Curious thing, that. Finally, the last option is to change out the new bulbs for a different version of the Led configuration that uses the small microbulbs in a cluster instead of the air-gapped plates in a loose sandwich Also not happy with the contacts on the bulb bodies; instead of being the tall buttons that give a solid touch with the socket contacts, these are sort of a "strip" and seem to be lower in height to make them easier to rotate into position in the socket, which also means that the solidity of the contact they get is sloppier.

Don't ask me about the search for an '88 steering column assembly; that is a rant with milk crate and bullhorn just waiting to happen.

So I am on the hunt for bulbs with the microlight style, and seem to have to go the China for them!!.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Complete brake job, spark plugs, engine oil n filter, cabin n air filters and rotate tires on my folks Camry. And serviced my Colorado right after. Maybe get something done on the Olds tomorrow.

IMG_4551.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I have Grandkids. How cool is it to go get ice cream on a hot Summer night? In a convertible with Grandad buying! (and then the grandkids say "you're the coolest grandad!" (y) )
FIFY

• Haha
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Beat the snausages out of my Camaro these past 3 days. Practiced Friday and raced the weekend. Race 1 on Saturday was a standing start and I did the usual grab gears like the trans owes me money start and that went fine, held onto pole. The next time I attempted a 2-3 upshift things didn't look so hot and they didn't get better. My mind was F'd and I drove like it for the next 24 minutes, crapping my pants the entire time just waiting for the inevitable missed 2-3 upshift and subsequent doors blown off by the guy right behind me. It took like 11 years to execute an upshift, or so I thought. On video it's not terrible, but it is noticable. I held onto the lead for that race, some luck with out of class traffic got me some breathing room, and $450 worth of tire money. Cool, but now my car is broken. I took it out again to give a student a ride along, showing him the racing line and not the school line. The car didn't get worse. Next was a sort of Indian jog of all race cars from all different groups gridded on an invert based on average lap time from the previous race. It was a fun race really, but ran and finished that as well. Decided I could survive Sunday and didn't lift a wrench, decided 12oz curls were more appropriate. Race 1 Sunday was an invert so I started last, flying start, finished 1st. Another $450 in tire money, YES!!! R3 was yet another invert so I started DFL again and for a standing start. I was in row 3 and before T1 had smoked the pole sitter. . . but so had everyone else. I had an absolute gangbuster start and the car reeked of clutch by T1. This was a short race but I managed to pick off 2 more people before the end of the race for 2nd. Those 2 passes were especially satisfying, they involved me getting lucky and using slower cars as picks. Those 2 racers are fast enough that the only way around was that or them making a mistake. Those 2 passes also occured inside of 1 lap. Unfortunately I wasn't left with enough time to snag a 3rd win, but the season championship was in the bag anyway so that'll do. But my f'in trans has to come out again! Cheese and rice Batman. Once I patch that up I think I landed 2 paying pre-emptive trans rebuilds that'll pay in the off season.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Ran new transmission cooler lines in an oreillys parking lot.
that was fuuuuuun

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm guessing that's an annual thing?
It used to be when my dad was around he had the outside boards painted and then inside ones as well, now I just do what I can to help my step mom out with it since they leave it up most of the time

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Hopefully was the last weekend of needing the GTO to do car stuff, going over my buddies Tuesday to finish the PVC setup and put the motor in his truck to bring over to my place Saturday morning to install. Got 2 more mechanic buddies coming over to help to make up for my uselessness. Gonna be cutting it down to the wire since my favorite day of the year is Sunday, the Pizza Power Tour we will see if it'll be road worthy for it
20230930_093213.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor