What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Of course after making that repair now the tail pipe is rattling at the rear. I had to get up under there, loosen the clamps, and adjust the tailpipe position. And just what product made that even possible? ANTI-SEIZE!!!!! And I DO use that shiznit on everything!

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, thanks for bringing up the LS aspect as I have yet another question on that subject. Any truth to the statement that, in order to run the Camaro water pump, the crank pulley has to match; i.e. be from a Camaro or Vette or similar?

nick

Actually, thanks for bringing up the LS aspect as I have yet another question on that subject. Any truth to the statement that, in order to run the Camaro water pump, the crank pulley has to match; i.e. be from a Camaro or Vette or similar?

nick

Camaro, Vette, and trucks all use different offset crank pulleys which should mean different offset on the water pump pulley, the pulleys don't come off the pumps do they?

76 f250 just sits there for now. uses too much gas to be practical, only really use it when my buddy gets drunk and beaches himself on dirt mountains or i need to haul stuff.
I've been driving the k1500 a lot more, put about 300 miles on it since I've got it in my hands. Me and my grandma are going to get the title changed over and new registration for it soon.
I went to the dump and unloaded the bed of all the garbage my grandma stored in it, 340lbs worth. This chunky **** weighs 4560 without me in it.

1990 k1500 4x4 auto with the 350.
343734971_728673045669428_925625287461528619_n.jpg

76 f250 just sits there for now. uses too much gas to be practical, only really use it when my buddy gets drunk and beaches himself on dirt mountains or i need to haul stuff.
I've been driving the k1500 a lot more, put about 300 miles on it since I've got it in my hands. Me and my grandma are going to get the title changed over and new registration for it soon.
I went to the dump and unloaded the bed of all the garbage my grandma stored in it, 340lbs worth. This chunky **** weighs 4560 without me in it.

1990 k1500 4x4 auto with the 350.
View attachment 219911
I'm sure that plow mount has nothing to do with that.

Reactions: 1 user
4560 ain't bad for a 4x4... at least for a full.size, American made, 4x4.

My 2wd c10(half ton) squarebodies are almost that heavy empty, coming in around #4250 without me and on a partial tank of fuel.

You've got a plow mount. Your stepwise bed is a composite fiber and resin on the sides, also could be heavier than steel.

Now, the rust has lightened things a bit, but, that's still very very reasonable.

The application guide for this pump spec'd it as correct for both the 03 Camaro and the same year Vette. Spacing the pump out from the block would likely bring it in line with the stock truck pulley but that loses me space between the fan and the rad, unless I go with front mount electric fans. Think my next step will probably be to find a Camaro pulley and do a pulley swap. Most of the rest of the FEAD, the various mounting brackets, is going to be Camaro components anyway. Right now I have had to shift project priorities again; sort of the dance floor two-step, only with cars.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor