What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I prefer to chuck my used tires in the river.
View attachment 231096
Hey listen, as a kid I spent summers in a small coal mining town in PA. We used to walk to the edge of town and chuck the garbage over the side of the hill. Later I would learn to shoot at the rats with a .22. I'm not sure when they put a stop to that, but eventually they did. Here in Shitty City all I have to do is drive them over to a Sanitation garage where they have a big dumpster just for tires. EZPZ. Anyway I have been trying to contact someone at BJ's that can even understand the problem. I keep getting phone numbers to call that don't know the answer either. Good thing I am retireded or I would just give up.
Fx Networks Indian GIF by Reservation Dogs

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
If you're gonna put up with Pittsburgh you might as well take advantage of the geography. If they wouldn't have raised the price of my trash collection, I'd probably get a second can and stop throwing my other garbage in the river.

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
finished painting my Tahoe motor
1700067919179.png

1700067930600.png

1700067946019.png

1700067957767.png

Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Went to one of the last decent shows for the year in this area on Saturday. This one is the popular 'Pistons & Paint' show in Denton TX so about ~1hr North of home for us.

Cool deal was as we were walking around checking out the rides, I came back to find a local publication slipped a copy of their magazine on my seat where we made the cover. The edition & images were from another recent show (The Invasion) that was near downtown Dallas (Deep Ellum district). Ironically, I was over @ their booth purchasing two copies of the edition when we were walking around.

Attachments

• 20231111_113758.jpg
    20231111_113758.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231111_120616.jpg
    20231111_120616.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Haha

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Went to one of the last decent shows for the year in this area on Saturday. This one is the popular 'Pistons & Paint' show in Denton TX so about ~1hr North of home for us.

Cool deal was as we were walking around checking out the rides, I came back to find a local publication slipped a copy of their magazine on my seat where we made the cover. The edition & images were from another recent show (The Invasion) that was near downtown Dallas (Deep Ellum district). Ironically, I was over @ their booth purchasing two copies of the edition when we were walking around.
3 for the price of 2!

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Got the Impala front brakes put on the LaCrosse. I didn't paint the calipers red so I can't really call it a performance mod, but you can see the calipers are larger as well as the pads and rotors.
20231114_150431.jpg

20231114_111741.jpg

I also flushed out the master cylinder and the lines to the front brakes, the fluid was really nasty and dark. I should do the rears as well but I'm hesitant because I really don't want to snap the bleeders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Finally managed to get the Accusump to hold pressure on the air side for 48 hours plus so bled the air down to the base value of 10 and fired the engine. Oil side filled as it was supposed to and the current static pressure reading is around 58 psi. That is more than enough to do a pre first start oil system pressurization come spring.

Then I had myself picked up by the ambulance and taken to hospital for the next four days due to an obstructed lower bowel..

Nick

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Aaaaaaaand, in the spirit of as 86LK said, getting back to the thread on track, I went to the Don Hoenig's Swap Meet at Thompson Motor Speedway last weekend.

Had oncology in Worcester I was headed up for anyways, so, went a couple days early and hit the meet, then played in Newport a couple days, and then appt, a day or two visiting some family, and, got back home tonight.

My.big score I forgot to take a pic of and I left it in the W Springfield warehouse. What was it? A NOS driver side g-series van fender i snagged for $20, in the primer, and.no storage rust or dents. CopperNick should appreciate that one. So, my drivetrain donor g3500 extended wheelbase display van may wind up resurrected yet. I've got just about everything that was bent on it now sitting to repair it. And if I decide not to, again, it's money in the bank to flip the fender on the back end.
Funny you should mention that because i scored one years back from a local paint shop that was changing its location and getting rid of some the test shots and demo panels. It had been used to show off one of the new at the time paint systems and sat in the showroom window for many years. Cheap-cheap. now upstairs on the mezzanine floor just waiting for whenever.

Nick

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Upgraded the under cabinet lighting in The Skunkworks to full length LED. What a vast improvement over the couple old ancient dim fluorescents I had in there before.

Only 2 switches and 2 outlets used means I get a bunch of my electrical outlets back which is a big plus. Should make it a little easier on these aging old eyes. The last couple pictures are with the overhead lights completely turned off, still more than enough light to work on the countertops even without them.

Off:
IMG_3716.jpeg

On:
IMG_3717.jpeg

With the overhead lights off:
IMG_3721.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_3723.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Buddy I work with owns this 57 Fairlane. It's got a decent 350 with vortec heads and an edelbrock 750. Really solid car with some nice and not so nice touches. I'm going through the drivetrain... he pulled up overheating, with fouled ancient plugs, and stripped out carb bolts with a vacuum leak. Theres a clanking I have to address tomorrow that started after the shop who worked on it last ran over the lift... idk it's what he told me but it sounds like the starter is loose and hitting flywheel or converter bolts loose.

Attachments

• 20231122_200006.jpg
    20231122_200006.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor