What did you do to your shop today?

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Cleaned the shop. Put all the ice fishing gear away. Got the wife's S10 back on the ground.. (you can tell she is stoked) and pulled it out of the shop for the first time this year. Cleaned up my electrical tools/supplies they were scattered all over the interior/engine bay of the Regal from the last 2 days.
20220210_193318.jpg

I needed to make sure I had some flexible workspace for the weekend and long weekend coming up.
20220210_193244.jpg
Put my road trip kit together ya know just in case...

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ordered a rope mop and a 36" curved floor squeegee. These stupid epoxy floors need more maintenance than a broom. I want my broom grade floors back - LOL.

#middleclassfancyproblems

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, well I keep being told that the doors should be here any day now, which is why I avoided putting up the plastic in the first place. I ordered in mid October with a 4-8 week lead time. Then it slipped to Dec 30. Then it was, oh we don't work between Christmas and New Years (not unexpected) and slipped to mid January. Then it was, "we had a snowstorm", then "we can't get weather stripping". And now I don't know what the hell the problem is. But talking to a few other suppliers, if I wanted to cancel my order and buy elsewhere I'd just be resetting the clock to another 4-6 months and would end up paying more too. So I just gotta suck it up and wait.

It's pretty livable for now. Temps are getting back to more normal this week and with the slab set at 7C it's not bad in there. Boiler's not running that often, maybe a few minutes per hour. But when I turned it on, it probably ran for nearly 18 hours straight trying to get the temp up from -16C

I hear those are efficient once they're up to temp, what's the Delta in the heating bill vs forced air gas heater? Gonna turn it up higher once the door arrives?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Ordered a rope mop and a 36" curved floor squeegee. These stupid epoxy floors need more maintenance than a broom. I want my broom grade floors back - LOL.

#middleclassfancyproblems
Geez, next you'll be complaining it's too warm in the shop to work on anything. #whyhaveheatinagarage
internet wifi GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Geez, next you'll be complaining it's too warm in the shop to work on anything. #whyhaveheatinagarage
internet wifi GIF

13°C on a -30°C (or colder) day feels downright tropical.

Our Starlink was down this morning. We panicked. Until I reset the dish/router. Easy peasy.

I also reorganized the network so there is a router or a mesh repeater on each floor of the house and it daisy chains right to the garage.

We streaming everywhere now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
13°C on a -30°C (or colder) day feels downright tropical.

Our Starlink was down this morning. We panicked. Until I reset the dish/router. Easy peasy.

I also reorganized the network so there is a router or a mesh repeater on each floor of the house and it daisy chains right to the garage.

We streaming everywhere now.
I need a repeater for my garage. I only have wifi in the corner closest to the house.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I need a repeater for my garage. I only have wifi in the corner closest to the house.
I got the Google one. It came with the base and two other stations. Shoots my wifi all the way to my little garage where I have the garage door opener, fire tv, ring camera and an Alexa.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Cleaned it and picked up. I can actually see most of my work bench now.

20220213_134927.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm just using the old phone company supplied router & it pushes the signal out to my garage. It's about 75 feet to where I place my phone to stream my XM from where I have the router.

Reactions: 1 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I'm just using the old phone company supplied router & it pushes the signal out to my garage. It's about 75 feet to where I place my phone to stream my XM from where I have the router.
I think having the router in the basement is the issue of poor signal out here. Can't really move it upstairs without way more work than I want to do.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor