Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Lol. Poured floor kinda makes me feel inadequate with my lights :(

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Well, put 9 or 10 of those lights up, shouldve done it years ago. I guess now to see how long they last. Shows off all the cobwebs that have turned black from dust.

Our shop is about 30x60, with a 20x40 addition, and a 20 ft lean-to back on that, then when the roof started leaking we put one over all but the front of the 30x60 and lean to so its a maze, a full one. The addition and lean to are just storage for the most part with some construction type lights strung though. I think Im going to put LED bulbs in all those sockets and maybe move the good florescent fixtures I had left back there.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Barked up the compressor and plugged my air saw into the air line fitting. Ripped a 3" strip of metal, 45 or so inches long, off an already sacrificial piece of body panel and converted it into a replacement for the existing upper air deflector on my man/garden access door. The original was fabricated from a strip ripped from a 2 x 4 and had split due to age and weather. The replacement is a better fit because I can adjust the curve on it with a dead blow hammer to get a better fit against the adjacent door panel. Being metal it is also capable of deflecting in order to compensate for movement due to cold and frost. Left the EDP coating on it for looks. Already expensive to heat the joint in the winter; anything that can helps to keep some of the warm air in is beneficial. The bottom one may be next. it is already metal but not as wide as the new upper, so it might become a template for a newer wider version--MKII.

Nick

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Well, put 9 or 10 of those lights up, shouldve done it years ago. I guess now to see how long they last. Shows off all the cobwebs that have turned black from dust.

Our shop is about 30x60, with a 20x40 addition, and a 20 ft lean-to back on that, then when the roof started leaking we put one over all but the front of the 30x60 and lean to so its a maze, a full one. The addition and lean to are just storage for the most part with some construction type lights strung though. I think Im going to put LED bulbs in all those sockets and maybe move the good florescent fixtures I had left back there.
I would like to see pictures of your shop.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I picked up some more 2x4's and some garage door flashing seal trim. Later I unloaded that stuff and wired in another 110 outlet, because it seems that you can never have enough of them. Here is a couple pictures of the concrete work.
20191005_211316.jpg
20191005_211201.jpg
The east side is still a little wet in those pictures. That was two weeks ago now.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I hope those shop lights last, that's a good deal. I get mine at Costco when they're on sale for $20. 8 of them take less juice than the two incandescents they replaced. I appreciate the daisy chain feature. One switch to rule them all.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I hope those shop lights last, that's a good deal. I get mine at Costco when they're on sale for $20. 8 of them take less juice than the two incandescents they replaced. I appreciate the daisy chain feature. One switch to rule them all.
I saw the costco deal but didnt get on it soon enough. Im hoping they last, all the negative reviews I read were about poor packaging resulting in shipping damage, not short life.

Im kinda thinking about gluing some magnets on either end of one I have left and making an underhood work light, the things weigh less than a single normal florescent bulb

These you can link up to 5, I did three at the most.

We have all our ceiling electrical sockets on a master switch by the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Also I assure you a picture of my shop would illicit a visit from hoarders. Dad is an auctioneer that subcontracts though an estate auction company on weekends. If it looks cool and the price is right it gets added to the pile 🙄. Been slowly working on that mostly.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I picked up some more 2x4's and some garage door flashing seal trim. Later I unloaded that stuff and wired in another 110 outlet, because it seems that you can never have enough of them. Here is a couple pictures of the concrete work. View attachment 126100 View attachment 126101 The east side is still a little wet in those pictures. That was two weeks ago now.
I have shop envy. If you have any interest in the epoxy floor coating, now would be time while it's empty.

Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I saw the costco deal but didnt get on it soon enough. Im hoping they last, all the negative reviews I read were about poor packaging resulting in shipping damage, not short life.
I've had some of these more tn 5 years without a burnout.

These Feit brand shop lights are a recurring sale item. Since you pick them at the store, shipping damage is avoidable (unless you drop one hanging it up...🙄)

Best part is that Costco generally accepts returns for 30 days in case you discover a did after opening the box.

I don't recall seeing a limit on the box for the number of daisies....

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor