What did you do to your shop today?

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
followed that link, thought the price was a little high too. then I noticed it was Canadian Amazon (.ca) site and decided to check the .com site, a whopping $100 cheaper!
Live in Canada they said.... It'll be awesome they said....

Film Punch GIF by Arrow Video

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the screen when they ran the promotion now didja?

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Started assembling the new-to-me shelving I picked up, just kinda working around the mess.

20211111_190945.jpg

Whole thing is made out of 10 ga steel coming in just over 1/8" thick.

20211111_190553.jpg

Top shelf didn't make it on after the wife dropped a beam on my head.

But, made in the USA in good ol PA, no Chinesium crap here.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
If it turns out that you need more planks, it looks like fascia board would work. About the right width and would just need to be cut to length.

Ah, your wife dropped a beam on your head...................... so, what did you forget this time, buy something, be somewhere, do something, or just a case of someone not wanting to get dirty or play with nasty old bits of steel so dropped one as a way to underscore a negative perspective?

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If it turns out that you need more planks, it looks like fascia board would work. About the right width and would just need to be cut to length.
Until I buy more cross beams elsewhere this unit is good for two levels. It works out OK because I want to build a ground level tire rack underneath it.

The board on it look to be old 1x6 decking planks, but, the grooves on the beams.will actually allow for using either a 2x lumber, or, the 1x6s plus a thick sheet of plywood on top. Weight-wise I forsee engine blocks, heads, and transmission on the middle rack, then big boxes up top.
Ah, your wife dropped a beam on your head...................... so, what did you forget this time, buy something, be somewhere, do something, or just a case of someone not wanting to get dirty or play with nasty old bits of steel so dropped one as a way to underscore a negative perspective?

Nick
Probably all of the above:ROFLMAO: maybe I shouldn't try again until after the holidays when she's been plied with gifts?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Went to an estate/garage sale down the street because.... well, down the street. Bought this locking steel cabinet for the floor against wall for $25 with key.

20211113_162538.jpg

Not big, only about 4feet by 4feet. About 18" deep. Perfect size for misc parts storage on shelves - fuel filters, sensors, lug nuts, nos reman ecms... anything small in boxes that try to fall on the big shelves where I've got to box the boxes to get it to stay put.

Then because I was buying junk I picked up these for a total price of $3 combined.
20211113_163839.jpg

They were asking $1ea but cut the price in half because we bought other junk. So, I haven't played much games in.... not forever, but close but I figure trade-in on something I can use will be more than 50 cents each, unless I just decide to keep them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Opened up the ole wallet today and ponied up for some new tools and supplies.

97A562BA-C2CC-4CEF-A1C9-85A1B0BF8B4D.jpeg

I couldn’t pass up the tipping dies for the bead roller, they were a steal of a deal at only $20. I’ve gotta start using the bead roller for more things, it’s probably my most under utilized tool in my shop and there’s so many more things that are possible with it.

FD4E607F-020A-400C-A09E-6338CBA631F2.jpeg

The die grinder is to replace one of the hand-me-down ones I got in like 2005 for free because it was already well worn.

3FEFB577-1B92-4261-ABC9-B4546CE1CE40.jpeg

The teardrop mallet is an Eastwood piece, and will come in handy for many various metal shaping tasks. I have one already, but it’s a lot bigger and not as versatile as this one will be.

The metal working gloves I go through regularly, so they were a given.

Reactions: 11 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Bought some shelving that has hidden brackets for the office. Shopping for a refrigerator and ordering a Dewalt compressor

Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Thought I would share progress pics

Attachments

• Interior.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Kitchen.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Lighting.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Office.pdf
    93.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Opened up the ole wallet today and ponied up for some new tools and supplies.

View attachment 187408

I couldn’t pass up the tipping dies for the bead roller, they were a steal of a deal at only $20. I’ve gotta start using the bead roller for more things, it’s probably my most under utilized tool in my shop and there’s so many more things that are possible with it.

View attachment 187407

The die grinder is to replace one of the hand-me-down ones I got in like 2005 for free because it was already well worn.

View attachment 187406

The teardrop mallet is an Eastwood piece, and will come in handy for many various metal shaping tasks. I have one already, but it’s a lot bigger and not as versatile as this one will be.

The metal working gloves I go through regularly, so they were a given.
that's money in the bank..

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor