What radio do you have in your G-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have a Kenwood single din radio in mine. Mine originally came with a dual-knob radio, but it was removed with all its mounting brackets. The XM module is a godsend if you live in the sticks where good radio stations do not reach.

img_20170228_134449-jpg.61612

Looks good. Love the gauges.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I cant be the only one,who likes the look of factory stereos? I dig the whole period correct looking equipment (with moderns upgrades of course). :cool:
It also helps peeping toms to not bother breaking into your ride. Who's gonna jack a 30 year old tape deck over a new 1.21 gigawatt sound system with giant speakers in the rear deck and what not?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have early 4th gen Camaro CD unit that needs a new CD drive but I would like a factory like unit the would get XM like my Silverado.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
IMG_39011.JPG

I really like having bluetooth and the ability to listen to music from directly with a thumb drive or with my Android smartphone. I've also got a column mounted remote that works great.
I'm just so used to the modern features like these in newer cars that I want them in my older ones too.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
i dont play music loud but i do like to listen to some tunes going down the hiway, mines not fancy and its ancient and if i ever want to listen to a cassette im all set haha.. i did replace the 30 odd year old factory dash speakers last year.. im moving up in the world..
the lighted display where my HVAC controls were, is for my 4L80 trans.

Reactions: 1 users

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
i dont play music loud but i do like to listen to some tunes going down the hiway, mines not fancy and its ancient and if i ever want to listen to a cassette im all set haha.. i did replace the 30 odd year old factory dash speakers last year.. im moving up in the world..
Where did you relocate your HVAC controls to? I'd like to see your photo of that too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Where did you relocate your HVAC controls to? I'd like to see your photo of that too.

I relocated it to a shelf up in my shop haha ...summer only car

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Brilliant my friend. Absolutely love the display for the trans. What kind of display is it and how is it hooked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor