What radio do you have in your G-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Brilliant my friend. Absolutely love the display for the trans. What kind of display is it and how is it hooked up?

I run a stand alone CompuShift controller for my 4L80, that display is hooked up to that and displays trans info, TPS, RPM, Gear its in, MPH,TCC Lockup ,Temp, Volts and more..it also allows me to adjust the trans thru that display. in addition i run a seperate switch on the dash thats lets me switch between a "cruise" shift or a "race" shift on the trans with the push of a button, you can see that button on the lower right of my dash pod here

Reactions: 2 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I have about a 10 or 12 year old Pioneer radio in my car. I like it because it's not one of those narrow units, but rather fills up the whole slot like the stocker did. Unfortunately it has no inputs for remote devices or memory sticks so I have to rely on CDs for my music. I can relate exactly with those who prefer to listen to the sound of their engines and exhaust. A very pleasant alternative. :)

Attachments

• Picture 273.jpg
    Picture 273.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 299
  • Picture 278.jpg
    Picture 278.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 425
Reactions: 1 users

MollytheOldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
Manassas,Va
IMG_0257.JPG
Kenwood single din head unit. 3 1/2s with bass blockers in the dash, 6 x 9s with adapters in deck (think they Pioneer 300 Watts), 500 watt stereo Alpine amp and two 12" subs in a gigantic 80s heavy *ss box in the truck. Serious old school. XM X Press by Audiovox radio at the end of the console. Can't hear the road at 70 mph with windows down and the car is load with dual exhaust.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
I put in a Boss double-din head unit, boss amp, lanzar speakers, and pioneer sub. I moved the HVAC controls behind the glove box and put in a 3 switch panel in its place that controls the lighting. The whole setup was under $200 including building the box in back and works great. It doubles as a Bluetooth hands free for my phone and can stream from the phone as well. For an inexpensive unit it works and sounds pretty good. The stereo has a remote as well.

g3.JPG h5.JPG SAM_0256.JPG

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I run a stand alone CompuShift controller for my 4L80, that display is hooked up to that and displays trans info, TPS, RPM, Gear its in, MPH,TCC Lockup ,Temp, Volts and more..it also allows me to adjust the trans thru that display. in addition i run a seperate switch on the dash thats lets me switch between a "cruise" shift or a "race" shift on the trans with the push of a button, you can see that button on the lower right of my dash pod here

Amazing

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I put in a Boss double-din head unit, boss amp, lanzar speakers, and pioneer sub. I moved the HVAC controls behind the glove box and put in a 3 switch panel in its place that controls the lighting. The whole setup was under $200 including building the box in back and works great. It doubles as a Bluetooth hands free for my phone and can stream from the phone as well. For an inexpensive unit it works and sounds pretty good. The stereo has a remote as well.

View attachment 65227 View attachment 65228 View attachment 65229

that looks good and the remote reminds me I have an infrared repeater that people use in houses to control their receiver in another room. I point the sender at my alpine and put the receptor on the roof of my car so when I am camping I can use the remote from around 20 feet away from my GP...:)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Music to my ears...

I have the same music:). I am running a Craig AM/FM cassette player with horrible speakers. I am going to try one of those aux input kits.

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
I have about a 10 or 12 year old Pioneer radio in my car. I like it because it's not one of those narrow units, but rather fills up the whole slot like the stocker did. Unfortunately it has no inputs for remote devices or memory sticks so I have to rely on CDs for my music. I can relate exactly with those who prefer to listen to the sound of their engines and exhaust. A very pleasant alternative. :)

I have the same unit. Pioneer makes a ipbus to aux input adapter. Since you can get a Bluetooth to aux input piece, I combined the two and it now has a bluetooth input so I can stream via my phone. Total cost for adding bluetooth was around $20.

Cars not on the road, but I tested it and it works in the garage!

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
:popcorn:

Putting this in right now in place of the stock GM-Delco 1.5 DIN EQ Cassette model. Gots to have bluetooth and digital . . . only problem is they ain't cheap. $399 But it looks like it belongs.

Retrosound.
Newport_Right_Quarter_-_amber_ffd1c5d8-37ac-4a8a-a503-464d8102f95f_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor