what would cause the same symptoms as a clogged fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
How much do you know about the coil and control module? Did you confirm the pump is providing sufficient fuel pressure?

I wouldn't do anything else until you get that TPS calibrated.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How much do you know about the coil and control module? Did you confirm the pump is providing sufficient fuel pressure?

I wouldn't do anything else until you get that TPS calibrated.

From what I have read the TPS does not affect the secondaries or when at WOT

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
From what I have read the TPS does not affect the secondaries or when at WOT
But would it have an impact on the Mixture Control Solenoid? I wonder if it is going to full rich at WOT? It's admittedly been 20 years since I worked on a CCC carb.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If that were my carburetor I would pick up a good book on the E4M, read it and then rebuild the carburetor.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The best thing would be to follow the factory diagnostic proceedure, but checking the basics (fuel pressure, etc.) won't hurt.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
But would it have an impact on the Mixture Control Solenoid? I wonder if it is going to full rich at WOT? It's admittedly been 20 years since I worked on a CCC carb.

at WOT the loop is open and the secondaries are no different than on a non E carb

84 delta 88

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2015
I replaced the entire ignition system except for the module about a week ago the pump is brand new put it on about 4 hours ago so its providing sufficient flow

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The needle valve may be sticking.

If you broke the TPS, you also may have bent the TPS plunger rod in the airhorn. Did you use a putty knife to hold the TPS in place when reinstalling the airhorn?

84 delta 88

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2015
Same thing happened to my 307. I practically worked around the problem until I replaced the carb. Filter, Fuel pump and Timing chain. Pulled one out of a Lesabre and it ran just fine. Changed out the secondary metering rods and hangers for the one that were on the original 442 carb and added some timing into it,Timing chain should be replaced too if it's passed 100k. Trying to "rebuild" a ccc Q Jet is a task. If you can get your hands on a localy used one then do it.

Sounds crazy but if your running a 200r4 check and see if the tcc is stuck, just disconnect the plug underneath and drive it. see if that changes anything.

I'm running a 200 metric 3 speed with a lockup converter but I do not believe its functioning correctly could it cause these symptoms if it were constantly locking and unlocking under wot

84 delta 88

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2015
ok i attempted to calibrate my tps I adjusted it to spec .37 to .43 volts at idle the book also says it should read at leat 4 volts at wot however mine is only reading 3.3 does this mean my new tps is also bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor