Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Buying the Holley kit?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I've dealt with Pypes directly before. Horrible place to deal with. They are slimeballs. They screw up your order and/or send you defective parts and it's YOUR fault end of story.
Ouch! Sounds like a certain tubing vendor I won't deal with.
Vince has some of the worst luck buying products and getting work done I have ever seen. Him staying with Olds power at the power level it is at, is true endurance. Ask him about his Sanderson header experience, I bought 3 good sets, the wrong ARH expensive stainless headers being sent, bad work from Rocket Racing etc. None of it his fault, just the way it rolls sometimes. My Hooker cat back system fit great, bought years ago and costs much more than the Pypes system, you get what you pay for. Mike knows how badly screwed we are up here, our dollar sucks, so add 20% and even things like used 4L80E or T-56 trans are two or three times the cost used up here compared to down there. If I could find a T-56 for a couple of hundred dollars, I would have two.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's the reply I got today (guess I'm got getting ignored):

Hi Dennis,

We are going to send you a pair (two rights) from a new batch of tail pipes from a recent production. The OPS manager & I compared them to the approved sample pipe and to your pipes that we picked up. There is a difference... these pipes I am sending you look like they have a better angle where the muffler attaches. Do me a favor and install the system, on your car, then try to adjust them. Don't put them on the ground like you did in the picture and compare. It's so hard to compare them doing that.

They should be going out today.

Mike

I'll still set them up before to see how screwed up these new ones are. It's nice it took a week to tell me this idea of thiers. Unless it was my "polite-angry" response I sent.

Buying the Holley kit?
I would like to if I could swing it. Summit does carry them & I'll get the refund credit for the one kit to help out, but I'd have to try to get that first set fixed up enough to get as much back as possible to off set the difference. If these "better" pipes fit I might just roll with them & then decide to return or sell the second set.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Man am I glad to hear it wasn't me that was the problem when I installed my Pypes system last year. Took 3 days of struggling,but finally got it. Definitely back to Magnaflow on ALL future projects.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
After my recent experience with a Pypes exhaust on the 67 Barracuda we are restoring im not sure that I would ever go back to them. We had to spread the intermediate pipes with a floor jack about 5 inches to line up with the mufflers. 5 inches! That's not even close to be somewhat close.

That was a $700 stainless header back X pipe kit with Street Pro mufflers.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just got home, saw the self abused box delivered by no other than UPS, pulled the "new" pipes out, looked at them, foolishly set them up on the porch. I'll refer to the pictures in the first post of this thread, just omit the green tape on pipes. Any of my b*tches & gripes on this, just refer to earlier stated ones. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
:itchy::itchy::itchy::itchy:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Just got home, saw the self abused box delivered by no other than UPS, pulled the "new" pipes out, looked at them, foolishly set them up on the porch. I'll refer to the pictures in the first post of this thread, just omit the green tape on pipes. Any of my b*tches & gripes on this, just refer to earlier stated ones. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
:itchy::itchy::itchy::itchy:

Head to the local bar, pick up a pair of overweight ladies.

For a beer a piece have one sit on a muffler, the other on a tailpipe. It'll crush the bend so the pipes level with the ground and give you a custom oval tip at the same time, only cost you a pair of beers

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
A positve note (or just a fluke.) I tossed a pipe on to see how bad it was, the muffler end as expected. Now the unexpected: the rest of the pipe fits & mirrors the drivers side. With the jack stands even, the space between the frame & pipes were pretty much even to the axle. Still sucks *ss that it still not right. :poop:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Took the pipe to see about bending it correctly & guess what? You don't need to have it done on equipment for bending stainless pipes, they're thin enough for almost anything to bend. He scared himself a bit cause the adjustment happened faster than expected. Haven't done another test fit yet, but if I need to I'll use one of the trees to help. Chinesium for the win again.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Head to the local bar, pick up a pair of overweight ladies.

For a beer a piece have one sit on a muffler, the other on a tailpipe. It'll crush the bend so the pipes level with the ground and give you a custom oval tip at the same time, only cost you a pair of beers
that's some heavy lifting..you need any help let me know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor