Whats wrong here (WTF Pypes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
They guy at the shop had that look on his face like "really, so you want me to fix one of the spec fit kits that don't fit."

We all make that face when our "bolt-on" parts don't bolt-on.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Bolt-on/direct fit, affordable, work/look right. Pick two.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I've dealt with Pypes directly before. Horrible place to deal with. They are slimeballs. They screw up your order and/or send you defective parts and it's YOUR fault end of story.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've dealt with Pypes directly before. Horrible place to deal with. They are slimeballs. They screw up your order and/or send you defective parts and it's YOUR fault end of story.
Ouch! Sounds like a certain tubing vendor I won't deal with.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Pypes is just a reseller of their own brand of merchandise that is made in china. The only thing Pypes has in the US is a warehouse to stock products. If you look at their website for career opportunities they are looking for sales, accounts and road show, nothing about needing anyone for manufacturing.

My exhaust system probably cost more than what a Pypes SS system would have cost but I know my system is made with 304 SS and the Maniflow products I bought are made in the US plus I paid a local shop who spreads that money across our neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Well we are entering a trade war so buying local made with local raw materials is going to be the only option.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I called Summit this evening to start to get the ball rolling when I get the pipes returned. The CSR I talked to couldn't believe what they said to do instead of offering to right it. She suggested to talk to their tech department to see their view on the problem (most likely a step to ensure they have done everything from their end.) I'll be going over what I want to tell Pypes so I don't sound like some goon looking for hand outs. I want to make sure I get both pipes back so I can gamble on one to see if it could fit & repack the other so the second set could be returned if needed. Just need to stay in my other happy place so I can be done with this.

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally responded to the reply the sent. Now should be officially ignored by them from now on. I just hope to get the pipes back so I can get the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor