Winter happenings-Moving into Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
nice IH i have owned a 76 travelall for 25 years its a rust bucket.has 345. been thinking about resotring it. want to replace the body for fiberglass been watching the prices but now almost 5 grand. going to start looking for a decent one soon.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
81cutlass said:
picture031-3.jpg
Best engine hoist ever! :lol:

It came out really cool. At first I wasn't on board with the yellow roof but I see how it ties together now. The interior looks pretty good in the pics even though you say it still needs work. The ralleys look way better than the aluminum wheels too. It kind of looks like it could have been a support vehicle for the old Sonoco TransAm team Camaro.
1967_Sunoco_Camaro_Z28.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yeah the IH engines are SO heavy and the almost unremoveable core support means you have to have a solid 6 feet of vertical movement. Cherry picker wouldnt do it and every motor we have ever had to pull out we used the crane on my dads service truck. Decided to finally build our own and this is what we came up with. Square tubing, a comealong, good chain hoist and a few chains and you can pull any motor out anywhere, in gravel, in a field, ect. Affordable too!

The sunoco camaro theme really does match. Never thought of it. Considering getting some different wheels but theres no good alternatives. The ralleys do look great so I want to keep them.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Turned out very nice, combo looks good, some pin striping would really set the two tone off 8) .

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
love this truck, great job on it, and thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor