• 134336_783914601670179_1876929492369654426_o.jpg
    134336_783914601670179_1876929492369654426_o.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 432

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Paul!
Those are some nasty looking wide meats under there :shock: . I'll bet that's powered by some torque monster big block.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Car is looking good Jack. I'm really liking the interior. I'm kind of going the other way-Grand Prix console with Monte Carlo instrument panel.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Paul, Jack is trying to finish up his wagon, please do not give him ideas that may change his direction. His wife may kill him if he does... :mrgreen:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Paul,
I've seen that wagon before. It's a nice car, but I can't compare my build with his. My budget was a lot less than his, I assure you.
I'm sure he had someone do the body work and paint and didn't spare any expense. On the other hand my build is much simpler and low key. Believe me, if money was no object, I would have not spared any expense on body work, paint, etc. and would have gone with a nice set of wheels and a much stouter power plant. Right now I'm content with my mild 300 HP small block which runs well for an engine I built 25 yrs ago. However, a nicely built 200-4R , new upgraded A/C system. and gear change are my future plans.
I'm sure there's more money in his engine and drivetrain than there is in my entire car.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
Paul, Jack is trying to finish up his wagon, please do not give him ideas that may change his direction. His wife may kill him if he does... :mrgreen:
Steve,
You're right about that. She's been very patient with me for all these years between my various builds :wink:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Longroof79 said:
pontiacgp said:
Steve,
You're right about that. She's been very patient with me for all these years between my various builds :wink:

My wife is the same way, She caught me looking a Fast EFI Set Up the other day. All I got was the old Eye roll... :roll:

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Lookin good Jack! I'm jealous, I tore my interior apart about 6 months ago for custom door panels and it hasn't changed much since, lol! The red looks great as does the dash.

Where's you find those taillights? I've never seen those before.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Ben,
It seems as though the interior takes the most time to complete...and its not quite finished yet. The interior color is actually burgundy, but looks more red in the pics.
I want to redo the tailgate panel.
After painting it, I saw all the imperfections in it...scratches, scrapes and small gouges. When I got it from the junkyard years ago, somehow I thought it was in better condition than it was.. :?

I also picked up extra carpet yardage to do the cargo area. It's all cut out, but needs to have the edges bound. It's nearly there though.

I hope you're able to get more work completed on yours. You certainly made a lot of strides on your suspension upgrade. The car looks killer going thru it's paces doing the auto-X.

How's Roman doing with his car? Have you been able to help him out much lately?

Ben, the taillights are GM European issue. I've never seen another set in the states. I've been looking for a set for over 10 yrs, and these aren't perfect. I traded a set of USA lenses for them to one of our French members.
I was promised a set from a guy in Sweden, but he reneged on his offer. A Swiss guy that I spoke to also had a set and spare lenses, but one looked like it had been eaten by a rat and the other had a crack in the housing. I offered to buy the right side one with the crack to replace my cracked lens, but he obviously thinks it's worth a fortune and didn't agree with my offer.
I'm looking, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor