Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That 3rd brake light looks great and it has a purpose. What year wagon did you get it from. I like the idea of the 3rd brake like at the top of the window.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Steve,
I really don't know what year Volvo wagon it came from. Of course, it was a junkyard special.
I'm thinking it's a 960 model, probably '90 something.

It's beneficial to add a 3rd brake light to these wagons...or any car that didn't come equipped with one, especially that the G-body wagons have the low mounted taillights in the bumper.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
love the new recent add ons Jack! i just grabbed buckets out of a grand prix with the same color of interior as yours.... easier to find burgundy than tan :( seat covers are in my future haha

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
This car needs a professional photo shoot!!! Absolutely love those wheels on this car, and the bumpers.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
love the new recent add ons Jack! i just grabbed buckets out of a grand prix with the same color of interior as yours.... easier to find burgundy than tan :( seat covers are in my future haha

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. Yeah, I think burgundy must have been a more popular color.
My interior was originally red, so I opted to go with burgundy...it has a richer look than red.. in my opinion.
Good score finding the buckets. Good G-body buckets are getting harder to come by. I like a lot of your upcoming upgrades...:D

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This car needs a professional photo shoot!!! Absolutely love those wheels on this car, and the bumpers.
Thanks for your kind words, Kansas. Maybe a pro photographer would make it look better than what I can do. How's your Malibu going? Do you miss your wagon at all?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Great idea, can you tell how you did/wire the 3rd light? Thx
You could tap onto a brake light hot lead and ground the other leg to the body somewhere.
You could also run a 16 ga.(or 14 ga.) wire from the brake switch near the brake pedal all the way back to where you plan to position the 3rd brake light. I guess it depends on how the brake light is constructed. It's not difficult. Running the wire back would probably be the hardest part of that job.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Thanks for your kind words, Kansas. Maybe a pro photographer would make it look better than what I can do. How's your Malibu going? Do you miss your wagon at all?

The malibu is going pretty slow. I've got the underside power washed and started painting, then stalled because I need new body bushings. I'll finish when I replace those. Also started on body work. Trying to track a Malibu or elco down to grab a couple of patches from.

I miss the wagon all the time, but don't regret the trade. The rust repair was going to be a lot of work. This two door only has two spots one being the size of my hand and the other about the size of a quarter. Floor pans and frame rails are pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor