1973 Chevy Parts Hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Is there any chance that truck still has a working parking brake system in it? I'm trying to get rid of the parking brick scenario in the square body crew and I'm having a hard time figuring out where all the brackets go. if you could post some pictures to the square body crew thread I would much appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Is there any chance that truck still has a working parking brake system in it? I'm trying to get rid of the parking brick scenario in the square body crew and I'm having a hard time figuring out where all the brackets go. if you could post some pictures to the square body crew thread I would much appreciate it

100% stock and intact, I'll grab some pics.

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Sounds about right for you! You don't half *ss anything!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Oh yeah cant go wrong with those old square bodys , i have had several of them over the years . Cheap and easy to work on too ! glad your already on the trail of that flexplate to, very unusual for those to spin a bearing so soon.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
What we have is a partially finished steering column.

I skipped what would be a normal step for me which is degrease all parts with my special concoction. What happened was I got a grease reaction even though they were wiped down with wax/grease remover several times. The result was lots of neat little solvent pops. Although it looked better than before it wasn't up to par so these got degreased, sanded, hit with the special sauce, scrubbed with a scotch brite and are left to dry over night for a repaint tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Any chance that shiny bigwheel in the background has some silicone based detail juice on it that may have caused some problems? That happened to my brother once. A buddy came by to show off a new car right before he was getting ready to paint one. He never physically touched it but was standing close to it in his paint suit. Went in the booth and proceeded to distribute fisheyes all over a Chevelle.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Bike came in a few hour after I'd painted. It's most probably my own doing, between white lithium and silicone spray trying to wrestle the ignition I would guess some migrated. It's squeaky clean now!

• Disagree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor