1973 Chevy Parts Hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Doesn't everyone degrease, abrasive tumble, and paint their bolts? LOL

Us poor folks without a tumble polisher have to use a vinegar soak..

Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Got out before it got hotter than the surface of the sun here in Texas and truck was still in the shade. Installed the headers(dropped right in as they should!) after cutting off a little bit of the down pipes for the stock manifolds, installed power steering pump/brackets after making a spacer to go with the headers, new soft fuel lines to the pump, installed thermostat/gasket/housing, and dropped in the distributor. I'm either lucky, good, or crafty as the balancer was at 8* BTDC and the distributor dropped in straight away. I'm buying lottery tickets later today.....

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Texas has been so hot but this morning was just a little cooler. Got out and cleaned up the plug wires with Goop hand cleaner, swapped out the blue wire holders for a set of black one I think I bought in 90', detailed the distributor cap, cleaned up the permanent cork gaskets off the valve covers, new filter/vac caps on carb, and installed it all on the engine.

Also installed a new beer opener

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
lookin pretty good!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I just can't throw something in stock, it won't work. I have been cutting the factory harness and re-routing it to clean everything up. Also the neighbor has an Edelbrock Super Victor intake for fuel injection sitting around so this pig may go fuel injection with turbo......

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
images

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
It all looks the same in the bay, finished up wiring/vacuum last week, picked up new battery cables, and fired it this morning on starter fluid. I'd forgot how loud open headers were. The ignition switch is clicky/sticky as all get out so I pulled the top of the steering apart to fix and called it a day.

Reactions: 4 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Ordered a new passenger inner fender as the original was rusted in a horrible place to fix. So one brand new inner and one old, crusty, rusty, undercoated inner and a plan to paint both with new paint. A quick clean up and paint would work........

Nope. Heat gun and scrapers.

Well, let's get out the sander

And while I'm at it the sandblaster

Now I can shoot some primer and paint both.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor