1973 Chevy Parts Hauler

Wraith

G-Body Guru
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Got out before it got hotter than the surface of the sun here in Texas and truck was still in the shade. Installed the headers(dropped right in as they should!) after cutting off a little bit of the down pipes for the stock manifolds, installed power steering pump/brackets after making a spacer to go with the headers, new soft fuel lines to the pump, installed thermostat/gasket/housing, and dropped in the distributor. I'm either lucky, good, or crafty as the balancer was at 8* BTDC and the distributor dropped in straight away. I'm buying lottery tickets later today.....

Wraith

G-Body Guru
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Texas has been so hot but this morning was just a little cooler. Got out and cleaned up the plug wires with Goop hand cleaner, swapped out the blue wire holders for a set of black one I think I bought in 90', detailed the distributor cap, cleaned up the permanent cork gaskets off the valve covers, new filter/vac caps on carb, and installed it all on the engine.

Also installed a new beer opener

1evilregal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
lookin pretty good!

Wraith

G-Body Guru
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I just can't throw something in stock, it won't work. I have been cutting the factory harness and re-routing it to clean everything up. Also the neighbor has an Edelbrock Super Victor intake for fuel injection sitting around so this pig may go fuel injection with turbo......

1evilregal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC