1973 Chevy Parts Hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I like what you're doing. I like the idea of knowing a 40+ year old truck is well put together with good hardware and non rusty parts and the fenders aren't going to rust off in a year or two .It's the opposite of what I see many people do, shiny, (often wavy paint on the outside and crusty under the hood and chassis, vs patina outside and "holy crap that's clean under the hood and inside."

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Love this build.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I live to modify, create, build, break, fix, enhance. Almost everything I have ever bought has been modified by me to "fix" the problems I see and I enjoy it. I can buy a driver anytime I want to so that hasn't been a problem for years since I started working real jobs, I've fortunate that way. I have built several other cars and never posted a single detail/picture/thread about them over the years, I do it for me, I do it for the thrill. The great thing is whether you agree with me or not you have learned and enjoyed what I have done as I hope others do along the way, that's really the only reason I post online.

This one will probably be leaving the stable and beings that the patina look is in I've chosen to leave the outside alone.....for now. I probably will go through the interior and refresh/repaint when It's inspected and tagged. Under the hood once I had cleaned up everything and bought a new fender liner it only make sense to me that it all look "new", hence stripping/painting the other liner, and shooting the insides of fenders. I have talked with a potential buyer that wants me to leave all the patina and SWB it along with an LS swap but until I see cash I'm happy working along.
For the most part I agree with what you have been doing. I was more or less trying to give you a little crap. A pickup I treat a little different than I would a toy car. I would drop a healthy engine in it, maintenance it up, and beet the crap out of it. Probably the cowboy in me! I have built several trucks that way. I have a 77 Ford Highboy 4x4 dually with a 390 that has been on the back burner for ten years. With young kids, I find it hard to spend a lot of time working on my toys. So the quality of the things I have been building show that. I have more time to read though and live through you guys. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Patina is usually not my thing but this would be another full restore if I tried to fix all of the outside maladies so best I can do to entertain myself is make it nice everywhere that it is easy to do so. While the wife hates the truck and it's ugly color she did ask tell me that it would look better if I painted it the color of the fenders. :doh:

Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Short work day today.

Also didn't like the way the black laid out on the badge refresh so I stripped them down a little, now they look patina'd but with a little bit of color. They looked too new before anyway.

Also stripped the hinges again after I painted them, didn't care for how they turned out and will now get shot with hot rod flatz when I shoot the underside of the hood.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor