1984 Big Block H/O Pro-Touring Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
A few more pics I took during the process!!

Attachments

• Rear brake lines.jpg
    Rear brake lines.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 641
  • Front brake line.jpg
    Front brake line.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 617

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
Looking great! That is gonna be a sweet car when done!

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Well--- finally took the time over last weekend to finally install the new motor, trans, and American Racing Headers. I just have to say, other than the valve cover clearance on the passenger side, this thing fits great!!! I can't wait to get it installed permanently. I ended up taking a chunk out of the A/C box and I also was able to notch the valve cover to get the clearance I needed. My plans now are to get the headers Jet-Hot coated, get my valve cover re-welded with a filler panel, and I will spend the next few nights getting the a/c box fiberglassed back in and repainted. Not exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but I'm not about to not run A/C. All in all, I'm very pleased with the fitment of the drivetrain. Hopefully I can get this thing operational by the time summer gets here.

Attachments

• motor install1.JPG
    motor install1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 513
  • Motor install2.JPG
    Motor install2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 529
  • heater box notch.JPG
    heater box notch.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 494
  • valve cover notch.JPG
    valve cover notch.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 484

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Thanks guys for the compliments. I ended up going with a 200-4r from CK Performance. I ended up going with the all billet unit they offer. It was probably a bit overkill, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Should have the headers back by next week sometime and then it all goes back together.

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Well-- finally able to post a progress report. We finally had a chance to install the motor, transmission, headers, and front serpentine set up over this past weekend. I had some fitment issues with the AC box which I have finally overcome. I had to do a little fiberglass work to the AC box and also weld a couple of reliefs in the valve cover. Seems to have plenty of clearance now. I have all of the underhood wiring to do yet as well as finishing up the fuel system. I should have the driveshaft by the end of the week and will move on to exhaust after that.

Attachments

• Le.JPG
    Le.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 745
  • Left side motor.JPG
    Left side motor.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 756
  • ri.JPG
    ri.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 744
  • right side motor.JPG
    right side motor.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 741
  • The doctors.JPG
    The doctors.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 752

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
I thought I would post a couple of pics of what I had to do to make the motor fit with the AC box..

Attachments

• valve cover notch2.jpeg
    valve cover notch2.jpeg
    784.6 KB · Views: 753
  • heater box notch.JPG
    heater box notch.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 723
  • AC box installed.JPG
    AC box installed.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 746
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor