1992 Camaro "The Lady Mullet" Z28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case in point:

IMG_20200815_134734.jpg

That is just from going up and down the driveway. Tossed some paint on it when I swapped the stock wheels back on.

Child for scale:
IMG_20200815_141625.jpg

Nice ride, I secretly always liked those I knew a few guys who had third gen Z28's and Iroc Z's. An uncle of mine had an 86 Trans Am GTA and between the two I prefer the 1985-1990 trans am over the Camaro, just for styling. One of those is on my list to own one day. Maybe I'll get bored of the GN or the 260Z eventually.

I can't believe they made you get a permit to travel from one province to another.

I've bought three, and sold two cars during the pandemic and couldn't get the paperwork for registration and title change processed until recently. I bought the elcamino in like April or may and was driving it around with tags off another one of my cars until like a week ago when they finally issued me proper registration. 😂 Luckily the police either didn't notice, or they were turning a blind eye to it because of Covid.

Reactions: motorheadmike
Popped the 1.5" adapter up front, and gave the back inner wheel wells a few love taps with the BFH. Rolled it around and got the suspension to settle.

View attachment 154607View attachment 154608View attachment 154609

Going to go with Bridgestone S007As in the stock Z06 sizes - they will run narrower than these GYs and have rounded shoulders.

The current plan is to go with a Watts link to centre the differential (eliminates the PHB and brace). Set of adjustable roto joint lowers and some relocation brackets. Moog 5664s up front, and something equally aggressive out back; stock sway bars will be plenty. Still leaning towards Koni yellows.

Even with this it is going to be a game of millimeters.
I have an 85IROC with 5664 up front and Koni adjustables all around. Car handles nice and not too harsh on the road. Also have a tubular K-member with tubular A-arms that has a drop in the spring bucket. Out back if you need a little drop (can't tell from your pic), I took out the spring isolator and slid heater hose over the top rung of the springs. You get about 3/4" drop from it, actually going to use the spacers in my 85MCSS with same Camaro rear springs.
BTW nice clean car, don't find too many like that anymore!

Reactions: motorheadmike
I run these rear springs with no isolators at all in my 4th gen.

I have 225# installed but also have 250# and 275# in the trailer. The rear sits pretty low, no pics at my disposal here at work.

Edit to add pic. I imagine the rear is all the same on the 3rd gen.

IMG_20200626_153859.jpg

Last edited:
I run these rear springs with no isolators at all in my 4th gen.

I have 225# installed but also have 250# and 275# in the trailer. The rear sits pretty low, no pics at my disposal here at work.

Edit to add pic. I imagine the rear is all the same on the 3rd gen.

View attachment 155391

That is really good information, and should help a lot of folks here (especially the wagon guys). Your car gives me cravings for McD's.

Rust free t-roof and tops,t/5 complete with pedals,pm me if interested.

Gotta pass - but thank you for offering.

That is really good information, and should help a lot of folks here (especially the wagon guys). Your car gives me cravings for McD's.

Gotta pass - but thank you for offering.

LOL, when I did my comp school race I was a little on the aggressive side, so when the instructor called me out he first asked who was driving the Ronald McDonald car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor