Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do it! You have my full support.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
And it took off like every other 2jz swapped muscle car I've seen....like a ford ranger lol

every time I see the results of a dyno run the hp is posted along with the only real measurement a dyno can do, the torque.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The Gen I 350 was the standard go-to, now the LS series is the next go-to. If you have the resources and the cash, and can make it happen without hacking up the frame or body, you can always go back...

Meanwhile, show us something cool! You have lost of space for turbos and accessories between the fenders. Let's see pictures! And when you are done, you can sell plans if you document how you did it step by step.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I broke my back, so I can no longer do the work myself, so I'm really not looking to jump into a project like this with any sort of "trial and error".
I feel this swap is going to take a significant amount of fabrication since as far as I know there are no "kits" for this and having to pay for all of that labor seems kind of pointless to me, it would be different if you were doing this to challenge your own skills.
I think something different without being to this extent would be a hydraulic roller, aluminum headed, fuel injected B.O.P. engine and it would still be cheaper than this swap.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
so far I've been focused on the dash swap and I have been taking pictures every step of the way. when I start on the engine bay I will post some pictures and notes of my findings. just eyeballing it I think the steering gearbox is going to be in the way of the a/c compressor but since now I don't have a heater box in the engine bay the passenger side has quite a bit more room

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
the non vvti 2jz engines are really easy to wire up without having to buy a harness. the factory harness is routed to the passenger side with the intent to mount the pcm inside behind the glovebox, so that is one less eye sore in the engine bay. the last LS swap I did was from a truck and the pcm was designed to sit in front of the brake master cylinder. I used the factory mounting case and it didn't look all ghetto but I would have rather mounted it under the dash to keep the engine bay looking clean.

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
the original post asked if anyone has ever swapped a 2jz into a g body. now i can say. yes. i have a running 2jz in a g body. :D

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
I watched a Youtube video and saw some of the sick ,trick 2JZ swaps and I wanted in. That old Stingray is putting out 1,260 Hp.
Respect!
I only want to push 750 or so.
B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor