1JZ or 2JZ in 78-88 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
every time I see the results of a dyno run the hp is posted along with the only real measurement a dyno can do, the torque.

Yep, HP is just torque × RPM ÷ 5,252 (the rpm where torque and hp are always equal).

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
So what ever became of this ?
im still working on it. i drive it in and out of the shop every morning. i got the power windows working the other day, and then started messing with the lights. the engine bay is cleaner but i still need to close up the hole on the firewall where the hvac case used to be. and then run the new a/c lines for the new setup

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
i was thinking, instead of a 2jz why not do the gm 4.2 out of a trailblazer. its a larger displacement engine that is very close to the same dimensions as a LS engine. it bolts up to a gm transmission so you could use the stock driveshaft, people turbo them and make pretty big power. the harness and pcm are bolted to the engine so wiring it would be as simple as adding key hot and battery hot from the car to the pcm

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The OP hasn't been on here in well over a year and a quote from him was:
(I broke my back, so I can no longer do the work myself, so I'm really not looking to jump into a project like this with any sort of "trial and error".)

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Hope he's ok. On lighter note...
2jz.jpg
fb_img_1436270876057-559bc1662b352.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor