BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Just caught up on the progress, looks like it's coming along well.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I measured for the spacers I need for the front wheels to get the vette 17's on the front and confirmed the vette 18's fit on the rear (they do). Looks like a 2" spacer will do.

I also bit the bullet and bought the pypes 3" dual x pipe exhaust. Found a 25% off sale so I jumped on it. That should go on next week I hope.

Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I also think since the chrome on the wheels is garbage I am going to try to paint them like the pontiac ralleys. It probably will look stupid but I don't have enough bling to have chrome wheels on my car haha.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Hey it doesnt look too bad!

The ebay spacers i bought dont clear the hub spindle. I gotta turn the ID of the spacer out this weekend.

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Exhaust is on, its really quiet! Its the pypes 3". I got lucky and had enough pipe between cutting off spare bits and pieces from the pieces and a piece of scrap I had laying around that I dug out of a scrap bin a month ago. Thrift!

I did have to buy 2 OD to OD couplers since I moved some stuff around in goofy ways but I only had to make 4 total cuts. Sits decently high, not as high as my 2.5" cat back system but its smaller tube.

Only thing I don't like the bumper exit, I had to take my big 80lb U haul hitch off. I think I am going to try to cut the tail pipes off and rotate them to exit like a GN.

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Drove the car 200 miles to the hotrod power tour. Did well, barely tuned, AFR not where I want it ( bit rich 12.5 to 14.0 at random spots) but it did good. Only thing that broke was I lost a bolt out of rear exhaust hanger. I finally figured out my DBW throttle failure (I think)

It has a good amount of power and the blower wines pretty good! t56 shifts good, clutch pedal is heavy but works.

I put a caprice master in the car, brakes are better but there is still air in the system I think.

I got ice cream with it too. I'm a bit happy!

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I looked for you, but never found your car! Way too many cars there to see them all. Were were you parked?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I looked for you, but never found your car! Way too many cars there to see them all. Were were you parked?

Man I was so confused the layout at the show was terrible.

I was under the understanding when I read the info on hotrod to enter the show cost $60, or $300 or something for every leg of the tour. I didn't think registering for the show was worth the $60 since the carcraft show in mpls was $60 for three days. I caravanned from Wloo with 3 buddies from Dubuque. Only one of us 3 entered a car so we could have a cooler and stuff in the grounds.

I got there and found out parking in the visitor lot was $10 and there was "participant non power tour" I think they called VIP parking for $20 or something but not advertised anywhere. Heard it from the guy that entered his car. So why not just do the VIP parking at every show for 1/3 the price? I didn't know where to pay either.

I thought the venue was lackluster at best. Couldn't find a place for water (glad I brought a cooler full), there was 3 semi-ok food places, not a shade tree or place to sit in the place. They should have had it at the iowa state fairgrounds and had a good place. When I was leaving and had people ask how to get to the speedway, it was a mess. You were on a 95 degree frypan or a dustbowl.

I did see your monte out in the gravel area.

I would have loved to enter the show for $20 or something but $60 for 4 hrs at a parkinglot was more than i thought it was worth.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor