BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I agree it was a cluster f**k. Don't think it was worth 60 bucks either. My car was covered inside and out in dirt and dust from that place. Glad I washed it before I went. The main complaint I had was lack of vendors and 4 bucks for a bottle of water! All in all I had a good time, and may only be the only time I can be apart of the Power Tour. I really wanted to see your car though! I guess I will have to take a road trip some time and see it first hand. Ok all of your cars you have in Waterloo.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Some of them are in Wloo, haha. Some of them are back at my parents in MN. Kinda scattered around! My firebird and GP are in Wloo, Cutlass and wagon in MN.

I did want to see your turbo setup.

The water thing was ridiculous, i heard a few others complain about that too.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You should have popped the hood and looked! Just kidding. I left the hood down because it looks kind of dumb with out the huge fan sroud. I was hoping your Cutlass was in Waterloo. I would like to ride in it to compare to mine. I can't wait to start converting mine to blow through. I will stop high jacking your thread!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well I got the brakes fixed finally. I had always had squishy brakes since I went to disk brakes. I swapped to a caprice master which was better. I also bought a disk disk pv4 prop valve and changed that. Rounded the nuts off for the prop to drivers front line and had to make a new line. Also rounded the master to prop valve nut so I changed it and reflared it. Bled the brakes and its GOOD. Better than my stock disk drum setup in my cutlass by far.

Also got the tuning figured out. Getting speed density 2bar drive by wire manual blower setup to do what I want was really tough and a heck of a learning curve. Between limp mode, not getting it speed density and sensors being funny it has been tough.

Good news, got the tune roughed out enough to do a few quick pulls. About 8psi and 8 degrees of timing for now. Non intercooled still, no knock sensors yet and 93 octane. It pulls hard! Feels like a low 12 car as it sits compared to my butt dyno calibrated from my mid 12 sec firebird. Should meet my mid 11's goal with some more tuning and good tires. It wheel hobs bad now, needs some not 20 year old shocks :)

Hopefully take it to the track in a week or two. I was going tonight but they were only running 1/8 mile today.

Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Sounds like progress!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So I have been doing little stuff here and there chipping away. I put the disk disk prop valve AND it blew the O ring out the back or something and leaks bad. I ended up buying some thread sealant and trying to seal the actual threads on the valve where they assemble it. Dry time is 3 days on the sealant so Ill give it 2 and try it Thursday.

I also got my reverse lockout solenoid hooked with the ECM so I think it works. I dont know if it works at speed yet but the solenoid does open with the engine off ign on.

Also redid a few of my coolant lines that seeped water.

Slowly but surely its getting there.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well my proportioning valve is junk. Leaks out of the cross hole in the threaded part or my sealant doesnt hold, its no better than it was before so i didn't fix the leaking part.

Time to complain to the seller.

The aggravating part was I wanted it fast, found a seller on ebay that was 5 miles away from me. I called and wanted to pick it up instead of ship it. The person that answered the phone didn't know how to do pickup in person. (?????) Ok whatever I will ship it. Expected to wait a day, didn't get it until 3 days after. Changed it, worked fine during bleeding and blew the cross hole seal day after. I expect when I call them tomorrow they are going to tell me to ship it back to them, and they will ship another one back to me. When the warehouse is 5 miles away from me. Ugh. Modern logistics.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well my proportioning valve is junk. Leaks out of the cross hole in the threaded part or my sealant doesnt hold, its no better than it was before so i didn't fix the leaking part.

Time to complain to the seller.

The aggravating part was I wanted it fast, found a seller on ebay that was 5 miles away from me. I called and wanted to pick it up instead of ship it. The person that answered the phone didn't know how to do pickup in person. (?????) Ok whatever I will ship it. Expected to wait a day, didn't get it until 3 days after. Changed it, worked fine during bleeding and blew the cross hole seal day after. I expect when I call them tomorrow they are going to tell me to ship it back to them, and they will ship another one back to me. When the warehouse is 5 miles away from me. Ugh. Modern logistics.
Take a deep breath.... I'm waiting for my trans sence April 28 lol it could be worse

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Optimistic

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Did you swap to a brass prop valve? If so have fun getting it to seal up! I went through 2 of them trying to get my stainless lines tight without crushing the threads.

I ended up pulling an iron unit from the yard and haven't had an issue since.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor