BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wow, good catch. I just re-watched your last video and I’m guessing you’ve watched a time or two as well haha.

So you think that the shock is hitting full extension? It looks like it might be. Now you’ve got me thinking.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Wow, good catch. I just re-watched your last video and I’m guessing you’ve watched a time or two as well haha.

So you think that the shock is hitting full extension? It looks like it might be. Now you’ve got me thinking.

Oh, I've spent many a minute watching the videos.

Honestly, I don't know if it's hitting full extension. I am pretty sure when I raced at BIR in Sept for T&T when the shocks were loose I did. Since I've tightened it up, I don't know. Not sure how to check without a travel sensor. I have an Oring on the rod of the shock that can tell me if it's bottoming out as it just moves the Oring to whatever the most retracted position is, but I don't have a method to determine how much extension i'll get.

Checking the travel actually came from my post on the FB drag race suspension group. The guy that owns the Grub Worm T56 camaro that runs mid 6's said to check that and it totally made sense. He has like 6" of separation travel which is obviously a different, much more serious setup than mine.

I paid for 7" of shock travel, I am going to use it!!!

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Oh, I've spent many a minute watching the videos.
I figured haha.

Honestly, I don't know if it's hitting full extension. I am pretty sure when I raced at BIR in Sept for T&T when the shocks were loose I did. Since I've tightened it up, I don't know. Not sure how to check without a travel sensor. I have an Oring on the rod of the shock that can tell me if it's bottoming out as it just moves the Oring to whatever the most retracted position is, but I don't have a method to determine how much extension i'll get.
I think tightening them up would help to keep them from over extending them. But that might not help your 60’ - I don’t know. I think you’re getting close to 3+” of extension/separation - the car really moves vertically

Checking the travel actually came from my post on the FB drag race suspension group. The guy that owns the Grub Worm T56 camaro that runs mid 6's said to check that and it totally made sense. He has like 6" of separation travel which is obviously a different, much more serious setup than mine.

I paid for 7" of shock travel, I am going to use it!!!
Haha 😛

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
First ever personalized plate and yeah went full ridiculous.

PXL_20221212_005656456.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Turned the other nutsert, drilled the hole in the passenger side LCA bracket and pulled the really hot glue gun out and melted everything together.

Next up I gotta order the rear control arm reinforcement stuff from Trick Chassis

PXL_20221213_020734846.jpg

PXL_20221213_031430553.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor