BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Congrats bud.

One piece of advice, get some rest because you’re going to need it (haha). But all for the best reason.

Congratulations again!

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Well the baby made her appearance last Thursday and I've been home and spent the last week caring for my wife and the youth. Taking care of my wife has been the bigger effort as she has been recovering. Everyone is home and healthy so good news there.

Anyway took the car for a drive a few days ago and the drivers window was picky to roll down and then wouldn't roll up. I thought maybe the passenger window was part of the issue as it has never rolled down with the passenger switch, only the drivers side.

Snuck out to the garage tonight and poked at the wiring for a while and determined the drivers side switch is actually the problem. It's not providing a reliable group for the tracer that runs back to the drivers door. That one took my mind for a bender.

I think something in the switch also broke loose causing the drivers window to not work.

Typical dorman sheit. Anyone know the OEM GM number for the drivers switch or a good replacement brand? No dorman...

View attachment 220207
View attachment 220208
Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Congrats bud.

One piece of advice, get some rest because you’re going to need it (haha). But all for the best reason.

Congratulations again!

Thanks! Yeah the sleep thing has been on and off. Some nights she's great, some nights is her witching hour(s) and she's not for going to sleep at all.
So how many more until you call it? I feel I may have asked that already.
Let's figure out this one and let mom heal before we determine that 😂

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks! Yeah the sleep thing has been on and off. Some nights she's great, some nights is her witching hour(s) and she's not for going to sleep at all.

Let's figure out this one and let mom heal before we determine that 😂

One does not "figure out" a tiny human. At least not entirely.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
No better place to put it so

My method of solving for efi fuel line size

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Very good stuff - your last comment though, it doesn’t apply haha.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Diddly squat interior update 176.43

Finally got my new master power window switch in from Rock auto. Their shipping has been crappy lately. Sits in a warehouse for a week and then randomly shows up. They use dhl and other lower cost shippers lately, a lot of transfers between them and USPS.

Anyways, for the first time the passenger window switch rods rolls the passenger window down! Big wins lol.

I went with a standard ignition switch and it wasn't dead out of the box like my old dorman one. Woohoo!

Reactions: 6 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Drove down to Des Moines Friday morning, hit up the Goodguys show Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Dealt with some rain Saturday morning but good show. Goodguys always brings out top tier stuff.

500 mile round trip, back Saturday evening. Got around 17-18mpg average at 80mph with the AC blastin.

5500ish cars? Big show.
PXL_20230630_200429298.jpg

PXL_20230701_134439585.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor