BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

$600 (with core credit) is reasonable. It’s amazing what an LS core goes for in different areas. I guess it describes the area, or amount of salt put in the roads.

Or lack thereof? Cars survive out here. Plus the west is weird with how it's populated. Stuff like this is way cheaper back out east.

Took 1st lq9 apart and the #3 cam journal was spun and fused to the cam. Since it was a warrantied engine I returned it for a replacement. I didn't care about the cam and can do bearings but I didn't know what was left behind in the block so I didn't want to mess with it. What got left behind in the oil passages, will the new bearings stay pressed in, etc. if it was a $200 scrapper engine id give it a shot but I've got a warranty im using it.

Replacement lq9 is apart and I replaced the cam, bearings and pan. I did bearings as the coast side on these old ones were really bumpy (not just worn babbit) and I borrowed a friends install tool. Easy and cheap with the engine out.

Pulled the valve springs out of the old heads and going to put them in the new heads. Wishy washy on if I'm sending them to the machine shop for a valve job or if I'm going to do a quick lap and send.
PXL_20240814_031129897.jpg
PXL_20240828_033624672.jpg
PXL_20240830_023652428.jpg

Blown up lq4 is going back to the salvage yard for a core. Whoever is the core buyer in this one is not getting their $300 worth it. Block is shot, heads are shot, crank is drilled for a pin so nobody is going to put that in a reman.

But also who is remanning LS's....

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor