BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm of no help with your HP Tuner tables converting grams of air to PSI or KPA, but I will add that Happel's timing with the LSA should be close for you with the exception of similar peak torque values. Your 6.0 is should be making peak torque sooner than a 4.8, but I wouldn't put much faith in that without some real dyno time.

Personally, with my lack of knowledge described above, I'm 110% that you can add 5 degrees everywhere if you have at least 70% ethanol in it. And I'd spring for a dyno session somewhere to get that beetch dialed in. I'm sure you're onto your bog issue going away.

I understand the 'budgetness' of what you're doing, but man, would a Holley, MS or Haltech make this thing GOOOOOOOO much easier IMHO.

Rethinking some of your past runs and ET's, I'm think you're about to be holding on for dear life. Another 5 degrees on top should be adding 60-100hp. And that's 5 degrees for a starting point!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
You know you want those extra 100 ponies on the top end....

126825204_1792538057563827_5261725886197600237_n.jpg

• Agree

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm of no help with your HP Tuner tables converting grams of air to PSI or KPA, but I will add that Happel's timing with the LSA should be close for you with the exception of similar peak torque values. Your 6.0 is should be making peak torque sooner than a 4.8, but I wouldn't put much faith in that without some real dyno time.

Personally, with my lack of knowledge described above, I'm 110% that you can add 5 degrees everywhere if you have at least 70% ethanol in it. And I'd spring for a dyno session somewhere to get that beetch dialed in. I'm sure you're onto your bog issue going away.

I understand the 'budgetness' of what you're doing, but man, would a Holley, MS or Haltech make this thing GOOOOOOOO much easier IMHO.

Rethinking some of your past runs and ET's, I'm think you're about to be holding on for dear life. Another 5 degrees on top should be adding 60-100hp. And that's 5 degrees for a starting point!

I checked and I'm running at 1.7g at 10 psi. It looks like 1.2g is atmospheric 1 bar. I'm way of the table. The ecm has the 2 bar enhancement but I think that only applies to the VE table. I'm assuming it defaults to the highest value and just keeps going? The LSA pcm is factory 2bar so it has air density values up to 1.8g+ where mine stop at 1.2g.

I've always been hesitant to put timing in because I always told myself I can't use the power I have, but really it might be a lack of power off the hit that makes it slow and bog.

There is a local chassis Dyno. I've been putting off going to him but I'm getting to the point where I think spending some time on it would be well spent. The other option is a more street tuning guy but he has a ton of experience with LSA stuff so I can't go wrong there either.

It traps 119-122 mph in the quarter as it sits with 13 degrees. 50-100+ HP is going to make it move out. And I still have 2 more psi of boost sitting in a pulley I have on the bench.

I've got a plan forward at least.

• Agree

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
I checked and I'm running at 1.7g at 10 psi. It looks like 1.2g is atmospheric 1 bar. I'm way of the table. The ecm has the 2 bar enhancement but I think that only applies to the VE table. I'm assuming it defaults to the highest value and just keeps going? The LSA pcm is factory 2bar so it has air density values up to 1.8g+ where mine stop at 1.2g.

I've always been hesitant to put timing in because I always told myself I can't use the power I have, but really it might be a lack of power off the hit that makes it slow and bog.

There is a local chassis Dyno. I've been putting off going to him but I'm getting to the point where I think spending some time on it would be well spent. The other option is a more street tuning guy but he has a ton of experience with LSA stuff so I can't go wrong there either.

It traps 119-122 mph in the quarter as it sits with 13 degrees. 50-100+ HP is going to make it move out. And I still have 2 more psi of boost sitting in a pulley I have on the bench.

I've got a plan forward at least.
Dyno. If the tuner is good itll shock you what he manages to squeeze out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Is that a local dino or tuner? I would be interested in a local tuner if they are good. I understand the fuel and timing maps just fine, i just don't like that stuff and do not enjoy it. I get enough of different software and computer systems at work. I don't want to do that in my free time. Sounds like your combination is only going to get better.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Is that a local dino or tuner? I would be interested in a local tuner if they are good. I understand the fuel and timing maps just fine, i just don't like that stuff and do not enjoy it. I get enough of different software and computer systems at work. I don't want to do that in my free time. Sounds like your combination is only going to get better.

He is in Rochester MN. Steven Kiehne. He does a lot of Holley stuff for some of the hotter street/drag cars in the area.

I gotta bug him and see if he still wants to do HPtuners stuff.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm 110% that you can add 5 degrees everywhere if you have at least 70% ethanol in it.

I downloaded the termX software to compare timing tables. (Yeah termX is like a magnitude of complexity more simple than HPT)

Happel runs a solid 5 degrees more timing pretty much everywhere in boost than I am on flex fuel. LSA stock is 10°+ everywhere on gas. I'm on board that I can add 5 degrees as a baseline and have (knock on wood) near-zero rod bending ill effects.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I downloaded the termX software to compare timing tables. (Yeah termX is like a magnitude of complexity more simple than HPT)

Happel runs a solid 5 degrees more timing pretty much everywhere in boost than I am on flex fuel. LSA stock is 10°+ everywhere on gas. I'm on board that I can add 5 degrees as a baseline and have (knock on wood) near-zero rod bending ill effects.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

We're waiting. It is a 5 minute process. Results please.

• Haha

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017

star wars darth GIF

• Haha
  • Winner

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

You can datalog knock ya know. Chop chop!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor