BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Forgot to mention earlier....the horn button spins so I'll constantly be fixing it, especially if at a show or cruise in.
Could you drill a small hole for a roll pin in the groove of the hub, and cut a small notch on the horn button?

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Last night I tackled moving the MAP sensor properly. It was zip tied to the cowl and vacuum lines laying everywhere to test my theory to get the engine running.
So, I put the sensor back onto the studs mounted to the inside of firewall where it was on the old engine setup. It keeps the firewall cleaner looking. Then popped a vacuum tee into the line and done.
Before:
20190822_214812.jpg

After:
20190822_225024.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I should clarify, it doesn't free spin, only when you press it is when it's able to rotate.
Maybe mount it in a way to spin freely then. Weight it at the bottom so whenever you turn the wheel, it stays put or fixes itself when you park it, regardless of wheel position.

mmm...kinda like these floater rims:
LG3.gif

Buahahahaaha! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I think you should “invent” a small gyro, only good for this application, and mount it to that . . . :roll:

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Maybe mount it in a way to spin freely then. Weight it at the bottom so whenever you turn the wheel, it stays put or fixes itself when you park it, regardless of wheel position.

mmm...kinda like these floater rims:
LG3.gif

Buahahahaaha! :)
only problem with that, is after a sharp turn, the button will start spinning for 5 minutes after the steering wheel centers! :wax:

just caught back up on your success, congrats! you'll be driving it everywhere before long!

• Haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
only problem with that, is after a sharp turn, the button will start spinning for 5 minutes after the steering wheel centers! :wax:

just caught back up on your success, congrats! you'll be driving it everywhere before long!
Thanks for tuning in Darin! I hopefully fixed the minor leaks last night, but won't be able to test run again until late this afternoon if I'm lucky. The KY state fair is going on, and gonna get a much needed family day out there....however the kids will likely drive the wife and I crazy!!!

Hope to cruise it around the block soon though to make sure stuff is working right. The tags and insurance are good so it's road ready.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got up early this morning, fired up the redneck paint booth, and got my hood hinges repainted. There is no humidity right now and temps in the 60's...feels like Fall!!! Hard to get a good pic, but they look good.
20190824_080817.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor