BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Woohoo!!!! Scored this beaut on ebay the other day for $9.50 shipped, couldn't pass it up! Always nice to have a legit reference book made by GM.View attachment 58109

That's a great deal. Now maybe we won't have to go harass the neighbors when we have a question!! 😛

That's a great deal. Now maybe we won't have to go harass the neighbors when we have a question!! 😛
Ain't that the truth man! Sad to see soooo many G's rotting into the ground that are still in decent enough shape to build up! Worst part is that guy will most likely never put them back to driver status, they will just continue to sit there and decay away!
We should smack him around a bit and maybe it would knock some motivation into him to do something with those rides!

• Agree
Reactions: Opie Knievel
Great score Scott!
I've got a few of my own like that, they've proven invaluable on more than one occasion!

Just look at the thickness of the 1980 one...
Granted, it covers all Olds models in 1980, not just Cutlass.
IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

Sorry if I photo bombed your thread, just thought I'd share.
🙂

Great score Scott!
I've got a few of my own like that, they've proven invaluable on more than one occasion!

Just look at the thickness of the 1980 one...
Granted, it covers all Olds models in 1980, not just Cutlass.
View attachment 58111

View attachment 58112

View attachment 58113

View attachment 58114

Sorry if I photo bombed your thread, just thought I'd share.
🙂
No worries about photo bombs Donovan, that 1st one is a damn encyclopedia lol! The one i got is 800 pages, but it covers several body styles....i can't wait to go through it!
Speaking of photos, no sh*t i wished i woulda taken a pic of the derelict g bodies i saw. My truck route puts me through Opie's town every other week and i stopped in to BS with him yesterday since i had a few minutes to kill! I had a question about trim screws on the door seals and he said "hell let's take a quick ride". No joke this guy we talked to has 3 regals, 1 malibu 2dr, and 2 malibu classic 4drs!!!! Not to mention the 78 cutlass as well! All of em just sitting there wasting away! The guy was talking all this hoopla about what he was gonna do to this and that, opie and i started throwin offers out to see how serious he was....he was somewhat stumped and said we wouldn't like his prices! Just hoarding perfectly good cars from guys like us!!!!🙁

I wish i woulda thought to look for this picture when i started my build thread geez! This is from 9 or 10 years ago right after i did the efi swap. The car doesn't look bad since i did my best to take care of her, but look closely and you can see the rusty hole on the pass quarter! What's not visible, are the rusty rockers, bad roof from the vinyl top, and more! Anyways, here she is in her previous life before the crazy idea came about to do the full blown resto!
20161215_225945.png

No worries about photo bombs Donovan, that 1st one is a damn encyclopedia lol! The one i got is 800 pages, but it covers several body styles....i can't wait to go through it!
Speaking of photos, no sh*t i wished i woulda taken a pic of the derelict g bodies i saw. My truck route puts me through Opie's town every other week and i stopped in to BS with him yesterday since i had a few minutes to kill! I had a question about trim screws on the door seals and he said "hell let's take a quick ride". No joke this guy we talked to has 3 regals, 1 malibu 2dr, and 2 malibu classic 4drs!!!! Not to mention the 78 cutlass as well! All of em just sitting there wasting away! The guy was talking all this hoopla about what he was gonna do to this and that, opie and i started throwin offers out to see how serious he was....he was somewhat stumped and said we wouldn't like his prices! Just hoarding perfectly good cars from guys like us!!!!🙁

Yeah, that's a shame ain't it?
Sadly, I think that sort of thing (hoarding G bodies) is going to become a lot more common as our cars disappear and become more rare and/or valuable. We saw it in the 80's with the vintage musclecars as the prime iron started to get fewer and farther between.

It seems like everybody thinks they're sitting on a goldmine with some of the prices you see at times. A couple years ago I saw a mint untouched '80 Cutlass that looked like it had been squirrelled away for the last 20 years with a for sale sign in the window at a local A&W. called the number later that night, and was floored to hear his $15,000 (CDN) asking price.
I'm not often caught at a loss for words, but I honestly didn't know what to say in response.

I think I wished him good luck with the sale and hung up in disbelief. Some people...
:doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Injectedcutty

I'll try to get some pics today if my camera doesn't freeze!!

I snapped a few pics from the road. I hate to bother someone on a 17°F day to take pics of their cars.

'78 Cutlass

20161216_101924.jpg

20161216_102058.jpg

Regals and Malibu.

20161216_102136.jpg

20161216_104023.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics. I took these from a ways off and had to crop them so you could see the cars. Lol. We should have took pics when we were close up. It never even crossed my mind!

Out of these cars the one I'd most like to have is the white Regal. He won't price it.

I snapped a few pics from the road. I hate to bother someone on a 17°F day to take pics of their cars.

'78 Cutlass

View attachment 58119

View attachment 58120

Regals and Malibu.

View attachment 58121

View attachment 58122

Sorry for the poor quality pics. I took these from a ways off and had to crop them so you could see the cars. Lol. We should have took pics when we were close up. It never even crossed my mind!

Out of these cars the one I'd most like to have is the white Regal. He won't price it.
So sad....agreed on the white regal, it was definitely the nicest of the bunch!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor