BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I met the guy who owns 80z Performance at the Scottsdale Pavilions car show. He had an immaculate factory looking Monte SS. Pretty cool guy.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Do you plan on Tig welding? Curious how well this unit works for that.
I will, but the notch and such will be mig as that's what I know. I plan to practice tig once I get a 100% argon tank which will def be after the holidays.
The reviews are great for this machine. Both Duke and Mike have the Primeweld AC/DC tig machine and they love it. My plan is to eventually get the dedicated tig so I can do aluminum, but for now I have a spool gun coming to be able to mig aluminum.

Reactions: 5 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
You got some work this winter for sure!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Rain is moving in tomorrow, and its supposed to be wet all week, and its December. Soooo, she's up on stands until upgrades are done! Had to stop for a friend's birthday party today, but wheels are off and drum brakes are off the driver side. I'll start chipping away at the teardown this week.
20221204_115726.jpg
20221204_121510.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Had some time to jump and made some progress. The garage smells like gear oil, and I'm glad the carrier is coming out as a couple of the springs just fell out 😬. Gotta wind down, I'll plan on hitting it for an hour or so each night to keep progress going....
20221204_184507.jpg
20221204_195448.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Love the smell of gear oil on a crisp fall night 🌙
Unless it gets in my ear
Then I smell it for a darn week 🙃
Must've been working that rear ends azz off huh... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Love the smell of gear oil on a crisp fall night 🌙
Unless it gets in my ear
Then I smell it for a darn week 🙃
Must've been working that rear ends azz off huh... 😉
As I told Donovan, luckily this gear oil only had a couple thousand miles on it so it didn't smell near as bad as last time this cover was off! I've gotta say, the powertrax locker has done its job for 17+ years without as much as a click or pop on a slow speed turn. I've whooped on it pretty bad over the years, but Moser 30 splines and a trutrac should toughen it up for awhile.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
As I told Donovan, luckily this gear oil only had a couple thousand miles on it so it didn't smell near as bad as last time this cover was off! I've gotta say, the powertrax locker has done its job for 17+ years without as much as a click or pop on a slow speed turn. I've whooped on it pretty bad over the years, but Moser 30 splines and a trutrac should toughen it up for awhile.
I'm gonna find the limits of a trutrac for you, so you don't have to... Lol

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor