BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Found a few trunk pics....after the trunk was cleaned and coated in POR15, i put in some boom mat to help sound deaden it. I plan to add it to the floorpan before carpet goes in as well. Know a guy that had a roll of trunk carpet he didn't need so acquired that for the price of FREE!!! The battery is now trunk mounted with 1/0 cable running along the frame and 1/0 ground as well. I also mounted my electric vacuum pump on the tray to help with brake vacuum and man that thing does the job. Nothing fancy, just wanted the trunk clean and clutter free. You can also see i mounted my A1000 pump and filters in the spare tire well to protect it from road debris.
20150328_015339.jpg
20150328_015353.jpg
20150329_200919.jpg
20150407_121434.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I like the longer spoiler myself. Maybe you could splice a piece of acrylic in it that would light up with the lights?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I like the longer spoiler myself. Maybe you could splice a piece of acrylic in it that would light up with the lights?
That's an idea....hmmmm! I have the 3rd brake led upgrade that's super bright and hope to grab some digi tails once they come available so might not need the extra lights. Not a bad idea though, thx for getting my gears turning! Now if i can figure out how to upload a couple videos from youtube on my phone i would be a happy camper.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm having operator error issues trying to get a video posted....hopefully the link will work. This is a video of my sbc efi running when trying to get it tuned in! Yes i know, it pops a bit under throttle. Was having fuel issues. Unfortunately this motor died before i could get the tune right. However, that motor did get punished for 10 years so it gave me years of fun! If the link has issues let me know.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Here is another showing the gauges and the sound of the pypes m-80 mufflers. Has a nice deep sound without that flowmaster drone that so many people use on their chevy motors. Hope you guys like, i sure loved it while it was alive!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
This is the last video i have of this engine running....literally 15-20 mins after this we found coolant dripping from a crack on the driver side of the block!

I had some leftover tubing from my intake kit so my brother n law bought a spectre dual ram carb base and we fabbed up an intake kit for the 468bbc in his pro street 68 camaro. His uncle won't tell us what that motor makes but we believe it to be north of 500hp.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Short clip of some "redneck" cruising without doors or seatbelts!
Disclaimer....going slow just checking engine vitals and the buckets hold you snug so no worries of eating pavement lol!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Short clip of some "redneck" cruising without doors or seatbelts!
Disclaimer....going slow just checking engine vitals and the buckets hold you snug so no worries of eating pavement lol!

Weight reduction to the max lol. Sounds very good. Keep up the progress.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Weight reduction to the max lol. Sounds very good. Keep up the progress.
Much appreciated....the videos are from the motor that died last year (finally got them uploaded). Essentially whenever i get a new engine built it will sound similar. The only thing I'm changing besides the block is the cam....going to a comp 268xfi bumpstick to help compliment the efi powerband.

'79 Lemans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2016
Need to see pics of those wheels on the car, i'm so torn on wheels for my '79 LeMans. These might work for me. :)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor