Best EFI Conversion gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Are you serious. I'm installing mines this weekend. I hope I don't run into the same issue.
So, did you have the same issue? I emailed the guys at Aeromotive and bitched at them about how they say “no modifications”, sent them pics and all. No response. I heated up the brace a little then beat it with a hammer. Fits now...

Attachments

• 320335A3-1087-4A27-AEE7-51A075DA3D41.jpeg
    320335A3-1087-4A27-AEE7-51A075DA3D41.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 300
  • 6B46E14E-A671-49F4-9071-AA7355B3A8E6.jpeg
    6B46E14E-A671-49F4-9071-AA7355B3A8E6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 296
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

ghostlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2020
Honolulu, HI
So, did you have the same issue? I emailed the guys at Aeromotive and bitched at them about how they say “no modifications”, sent them pics and all. No response. I heated up the brace a little then beat it with a hammer. Fits now...

I had the same issue. I just cut mines.

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
I’m going purchase a tank here shortly. I currently have the original tank from the carb’d 231 in the Cutlass and I’m worried about starvation.

From this thread, I gather a neck-less Spectra tank will work. Seeming how I am running e85, I will be adding an access port to have both Walbro 450s running in the tank. I will have a “y” outside the tank to merge to two pumps together.

The way I had both pumps hanging inside the tank just kept rupturing the fuel lines. No bueno 👎🏻

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
How big of lines do you have? As much as I hate them, a turbo LS hp levels put you in YUGE fuel line territory, especially with e85 where you have to push more in.

• Agree

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Should be running 5/8, -10 for E85 at high hp levels

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
How big of lines do you have? As much as I hate them, a turbo LS hp levels put you in YUGE fuel line territory, especially with e85 where you have to push more in.

I have -8AN feed, -6AN return currently.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’m going purchase a tank here shortly. I currently have the original tank from the carb’d 231 in the Cutlass and I’m worried about starvation.

From this thread, I gather a neck-less Spectra tank will work. Seeming how I am running e85, I will be adding an access port to have both Walbro 450s running in the tank. I will have a “y” outside the tank to merge to two pumps together.

The way I had both pumps hanging inside the tank just kept rupturing the fuel lines. No bueno 👎🏻

I'm not a fan of the dangling pumps. I do realize they work, and guys have made oodles of go with it, but I'm not a fan for a street driven car with momma nd kids in tow to get ice cream when an issue develops. External pumps are SOOOO easy to service, diagnose and repair that I can't not use them.

If your tank is in good condition, then sump it. If it's crappy, then grab a $100 tank from Advance Auto and put in a sump. Use your current pickup (modified) to work as a return or weld in a bulkhead fitting on the forward side of the tank.

All of my rec has budget as a concern. If budget is not a concern, then I'd be running a cell with a fuel tree - but budget always seems to be one of my concerns lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor