Best EFI Conversion gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Mine is a factory, TBI Monte tank. The "baffle" is just a bucket spot welded to the bottom, about 1 1/2-2" tall. Are the Regal tanks different? I'd be willing to try one, as it would be cheaper than the Hydramat I am considering.
Yes, the Regal tank has a large plastic baffle. I cut up an original GM Regal tank that rusted out. I saved the baffles thinking I could some day when I have a lot of time on my hands install them into a new after market tank. I will snap some pictures to show you when I get home today.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yes, the Regal tank has a large plastic baffle. I cut up an original GM Regal tank that rusted out. I saved the baffles thinking I could some day when I have a lot of time on my hands install them into a new after market tank. I will snap some pictures to show you when I get home today.
Cool. I was assuming they were the same.....

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
This is the baffle out of a factory 84-87 Turbo Buick tank. Don't mind the mess of my garage attic
IMG_20200327_134615925.jpg
IMG_20200327_134608967.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I used a stock Monte tank with a Aeromotive drop in Stealth set up. I am very happy with it.

Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
The Spectra tank with internal baffling works great. Just order it without the filler neck.

The aftermarket filler neck (on Spectre tanks) does not vent correctly and the GN version does NOT fit a G body Cutlass correctly, not sure about a Malibu. You can read about it on multiple forums including this one if you do a search. The filler neck sits too high in the license plate opening. I cut an old OEM filler neck out and JB welded it in like the factory did originally. It fits like it should with no vent issues and looks great.

The procedure for installing the OEM neck is simple. Just cut the old neck out with a tin snips keeping 1" away from the neck itself. The old tank flange will peel away (with patience) and minimal grinding if any is required to fee the neck from the old tank. Once you have it separated, an undamaged OEM filler neck slides into the new tank like glove. Just make sure you apply enough JB weld to prevent leaks. Yes, JB Weld. It is 100% resistant to gasoline and GM used a similar epoxy in production. OEM filler necks are not welded.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor