565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Subscribed. I know from reading on here you don't want the automatic adjusting style. I've read about a few bad experiences on here with those. I know Jack (Longroof79) had a bad time with one.

I have a white one for my car but if there is something better, I'm all ears.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
just get a simple oe style,you don't live in AZ or another part of the world where it's extremely hot or humid warranting an adjustable one.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
When I did the conversion on mine I ordered a kit from 1800radiator because my compressor was shot. I had to go back through my thread to find the photo.
getPart 8_zps7wfzojlr.jpg

Looks like it came with the white one. Works okay but isn't icy cold right away like a new car. My two tips are to make sure you have good airflow through the condenser. I had to add foam between it and the radiator to seal it up. Also, my 134A charge baseline was about 80% of R12 spec. Around 40oz IIRC. After that, monitor gauge pressures and compressor temperature. Adjust as necessary.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It does get pretty cool with the 134A. However, I've always heard that R12 is actually cooler.
I use the white orifice tube. I have a red adjustable one that doesn't seem to work with my setup.
The automatic adjusting orifice tube is meant more for extreme climates.

I do have a question concerning the blower motor. Are there replacement blower motors that blow higher and are stronger than stock?
Another member asked me that question and I did not have an answer for him.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not to my knowledge. Some might be louder but I'm not sure if they move more air. I had to replace mine and it seemed exactly the same as the original.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Not to my knowledge. Some might be louder but I'm not sure if they move more air. I had to replace mine and it seemed exactly the same as the original.
Thanks man, that's kind of what I suspected. I thought perhaps if there was a blower motor from a later model car that might be an improvement over stock. I guess not.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I guess that could be a junkyard project. Nothing you can really do to make it spin faster but maybe there's a newer cage design that's more efficient and has the right dimensions.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So my new evaporator core came from Amazon Today and when I opened the box this little white tube with some o-rings where in there. lol
20171230_135512-1_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor