Calling All HID Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I just checked the wiring diagram and the inner high bulbs aren't even in the low beam circuit. So the switch must be shorting out right?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it could be the wiring itself is the problem. The green wire is the high beam and the brown wire is the low beam. The right side lights are fed by the left side lights and the left side high beam is fed by the left side hi/lo plug.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
The wiring is still factory. As far as I can tell, nothing has been spliced or cut.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the wire can get brittle and break.....since you said the high beam works but not on the low beam I would check the connection on the hi/low bulb itself. It may be just be the hi is burnt out on the hi/lo

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Those bulbs were just put in in December, and the high bulbs do work, they are just dim. Somehow the hi bulbs are getting power from somewhere when they shouldn't be.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
That was my plan for tomorrow. That and trying a new headlight switch. The dimmer for the interior lights is being finicky, so I need a new one regardless.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
There are just 2 grounds to the core support for the headlights right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor