Car Show Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
BTW- Power Tour 2019 dates and locations have been announced. NC, Va, Tn, Ky, In, Oh

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
  • Haha

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
CAUTION !! Don't read anymore of my car show success stories.

REALLY disappointed with these statements. You guys ALL have my respect, but you guys sound like a bunch of b*tches. Car shows, Rod Runs, Street Meets, Cruise In's, Power Tour, Cruising the Coast... it's all part of my passion. If you can't support the Promoters, venues, costs involved ( Insurance, printing flyers, websites, security, trophies, giveaways, live entertainment, rentals, etc. ) you need to find another hobby. I can't tell you how many GOOD people I have met at these " paid " events. A few of them are right here on this forum. But then again... I guess I'm just part of a GBodyForum "click", and don't deserve their friendship... I'll start another thread, in a different section, and tell you guys all about my 54th win in a row with my GBody. You ought to be proud... I beat the sh*t out of $150K cars all the time. Guess what??
I disappoint people, too.... There's my car show rant.:p

On the contrary! YOU are to be commended. 54 car show wins, in a row, or not, is absolutely nothing less than astounding. And that your winning entry every time, in this chevrolet world, is a BUICK
eek.gif
, even makes it more incredible. You're on a record breaking roll. I wouldn't quit if I were you. I'd be a car show promoter, too. It takes an incredible degree of work, and then, patience to hang around to the show's climax. Myself, I got a bad taste in my mouth from such competitions years ago, and that's why I can't be bothered, but you have accomplished something I truly can't even fathom.
2mn2ejn.gif

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
On the contrary! YOU are to be commended. 54 car show wins, in a row, or not, is absolutely nothing less than astounding. And that your winning entry every time, in this chevrolet world, is a BUICK
eek.gif
, even makes it more incredible. You're on a record breaking roll. I wouldn't quit if I were you. I'd be a car show promoter, too. It takes an incredible degree of work, and then, patience to hang around to the show's climax. Myself, I got a bad taste in my mouth from such competitions years ago, and that's why I can't be bothered, but you have accomplished something I truly can't even fathom.
2mn2ejn.gif
BOXCARS, I wasn't even going to read the "Alert" from this thread, because I thought it would be negatively directed at me... but I was wrong. You turned my frown upside down, Lol. You are not only a GBody Brother, you are a Turbo Brother, as well. Thanks for the compliment! I honestly don't know of any car, at any price level that has accomplished what I have been able to do with this BUICK. I am actually thinking of becoming a car show promoter when I retire in several years.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
For me the best kinds of shows are the ones that are family friendly, and kid judged. Children have uninhibited honesty and no personal agendas - they like what they like - it is that innocence and sense of fun that keeps the hobby going. I love taking my family to cruise nights - going to so far as to sell my Turbo Buick to fund tricked out odd-duck station wagon which draws a crowd and kids are oddly attracted to (even without the "FREE CANDY" signs on it). You do you, and don't expect folks to appreciate what you appreciate.

Just before Drag Week 2016 (which kicks the Power Tour's *ss BTW) we took our TBSS to the local cruise night and were almost denied entry because the organizers thought it was a soccer mom mobile; yeah well f*ck those judgey *ss-clowns because the crowd liked it: http://ottawacarscene.com/archived-...-2/may-2016/2016-05-24-rockland-cruise-night/

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
The only "car show" my Malibu would do well at is a gov surplus auction.

Now I know this is stating the obvious, but .... LS in an otherwise classic Rolls? And those wheels? How could this even occur to anyone with the Rolls and the ability to do it? Is nothing sacred left? .... and on and on ....

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The only "car show" my Malibu would do well at is a gov surplus auction.

Now I know this is stating the obvious, but .... LS in an otherwise classic Rolls? And those wheels? How could this even occur to anyone with the Rolls and the ability to do it? Is nothing sacred left? .... and on and on ....
Thank you for reinforcing my point.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Do you suppose he can balance a quarter on the hood with that LS under it?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I don't oppose to the big car shows, sometimes I come out with a renewed attitude towards my current project, and maybe even a few ideas... I would rather go to a cruise-in though, as there's no judgement towards each other,and I enjoy looking at everything. I do feel that stone stock stuff that's showroom fresh, or has has just about everything from the j.c. Whitney catalog,zero has no place, either in the cruise ins or judged shows.
Found a pic I'd forgotten about, the one time I took the Chief, and even being dirty, crusty, and not much being done, he was well received... IMG_20180705_174012725.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't go to car shows, I don't like cars that are not used for their purpose and those that are not driven should not be considered a car....the cars are are driven are mostly overlooked. We have a cruise night where you pay to drive your car down the main street. There are some nice cars but I don't know where they come from cause I never see them out driving around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor