carb, starter and fly wheel problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Oh by the way. I watched one vid where you cruised down the street without your hood. I think I saw a factory tachometer in the dash. You had a v6 so I believe your RPM with a v8 will be off. Aftermarket tachs are like that anyway. It appeared that you were redline while cruising haha.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
Just watched some of your vids. Glad to hear it's running and driving. FINALLY haha. Now just remember all the stuff your learning. Once you start to get the hang of the little stuff your doing the bigger stuff won't seem so big. Keep at it, keep working on it and get it how you want it. Good Job.

It seriously is all because of you and other, My car is even running as good as it is.
I would be so lost is I never found this site and all of your help.
I seriously appreciate everything you and other have helped me do.
Exactly now I know how to semi work on my car and I am getting even better.

Yeah It was redlining while cruising cause I never timed it right, now that i timed it, it doesn't redline.
I will take a video tomorrow of another cruise and show you all where its at on the tach its actually staying pretty low.
I had the hood off, now its back on cause now I have all the big things done.
Yeah i still have the v6 tach, i was told on here that sometimes you can take the dash off and behind the tach you can set it to v8 or something I am not entirely sure, but I looked at some tachs their not bad you can get a cheap one for about 15$, think i should do that?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
As far as getting a tach thats up to you man. If you think you need one or want one then pick one up. I am not sure if you can adjust the factory one or not. Never done it.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I really don't know. If it is off because it was a v6 tach, if thats how they are, then it probably is. I usually set my idle on stock cammed engines at about 750-850.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
This is how a factory PONTIAC tach is changed from 6 to 8 cylinders. The tab on the back is relocated. I am sure the other makes are similar. Most aftermarket tachs have a button on the back to switch between 4-6-8 cylinders.
IMG_0001-4-1.jpg

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Bonnewagon said:
This is how a factory PONTIAC tach is changed from 6 to 8 cylinders. The tab on the back is relocated. I am sure the other makes are similar. Most aftermarket tachs have a button on the back to switch between 4-6-8 cylinders.

So you think mine has the button on back, or should I just get a cheap aftermarket tach and install it?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's worth a look-see. Unless some of the others know for sure. I'm mostly a Pontiac guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor