Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Hey thanks Jim. But I did order that already. Cost 57 on ebay. It came yesterday. I have been working on my chopper for last week so my focus has been that. I now realize due to my injuries I wont be able to kick start my chop. I has to pop start her today. So its a good thing I brought a 2 1/2inch bdl belt drive setup like I did with electric start option. I have to buy a harley soft tail starter and use a push button on the start with 1 fused power wire and hopefully my battery will be big enough lol. It still felt good to ride today for the lil bit I did. I just didn't stop anywhere lol.

So now that the chops up I will get my new battery for my bagger and start her up... and in between my cutlass.........

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Hey thanks Jim. But I did order that already. Cost 57 on ebay. It came yesterday. I have been working on my chopper for last week so my focus has been that. I now realize due to my injuries I wont be able to kick start my chop. I has to pop start her today. So its a good thing I brought a 2 1/2inch bdl belt drive setup like I did with electric start option. I have to buy a harley soft tail starter and use a push button on the start with 1 fused power wire and hopefully my battery will be big enough lol. It still felt good to ride today for the lil bit I did. I just didn't stop anywhere lol.

So now that the chops up I will get my new battery for my bagger and start her up... and in between my cutlass.........
At east you got some "therapy" riding the bike, add the electric start and it will be good.

I have been looking around for that pitman arm for you, but at least you scored one for cheaper than I have seen.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
I made a part...I made a part.....ok so my kids drilled some holes.....
My daughter and son helped to make the front frame brace that will bolt to the frame horns. We will make the rear frame brace this week. Just needs paint. But thats my sons job.
20150819_201241.jpg
20150819_185935.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Oh and the proper jeep shaft has been found and heated to slide apart. I had a can of map gas I used that sat on my shelf for almost 20 plus yrs. Now I will clean, sand and paint.
Took 5mins at yard to pull and cost 7 bucks! Score! Another find was the heat only climate control.came outta malibu wagon that I swear I missed before on my trips.but another thing I saw was the heat only heatet box.......but I already have what I need to eliminate my ac crap.
20150829_190753.jpg

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Very cool, I like how the fan shroud is coming together. The steering shaft is a welcome improvement over the stock unit. I had a big before/after difference in my Malibu wagon. I love that mod.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Ok so I am jumpin ahead to my radiator support bars... why?.....oh because I can......
So here are the parts I started wit
1) 4ft piece of 3/4 o.d.x.06 wall dom
4) pieces of 5/8x 5/8 crs round stock
4) heim joints.5/16x24 with a 5/6 clearance hole thru the heim
4) 5/6x24 nuts to lock In the lenght
20150903_190701.jpg

Now my son faced off the 5/8 slugs just to make it square. Using my craigslist 100 harbor freight lathe my son center drilled, drilled and tapped the 5/16x24 threads.left hand on one side and right on the other. This way when I turn the tube it will tighten in either direction I want. Now the tube was faced off to square it also. The slug has a chamfer and the inside of the tube as well. A nice chamfer for a tig weld. I will show that next and the brackets that will attach these to my fenders. After these bars are done I will make the fire wall to rad support bars to match. Guys who dont have tools like I do can still make these wit a drill, tap, hacksaw, file and a vice. Not rocket science. Best part was everything I used here you can buy at a good ace hardware store or even tractor supply. Feedback ????
20150903_190733.jpg

Last edited:

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
More
20150903_191618.jpg
20150903_192322.jpg
20150903_193058.jpg
20150903_195443.jpg
20150903_202358.jpg

I know there are ones on the market but even if I had to make these the hard way I still would. I have about 30 bbucks in these and time wise? Well I am slow so everything I make takes forever. Again another father so project where at 12yrs old I feel he is going to be a good metal man. He wants to weld......I will throw him some scraps to try and I will do these.

Reactions: 1 users

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Ok so since umi had to have that sale I went ahead and brought their roto joint rear upper and lower control arms. Yes I already had new control arms but after buying parts I learned that for protouring cars the roto joints eliminated the bind that g bodys are known for. I had thought about replacing these for a while and the sale worked with my amount I just happened to have in paypal so I snagged them.
I still want the umi 2in drop springs but I will run my 1in kit till I decide if coil overs are my future.
Today I also worked on my radiator shroud as well. I will post some pics of that and my fender to rad support bars also.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The rad support bars should work great, the definitely look good.

The roto joints, and their variants, are a nice choice. I have been wanting a pair just for the ears of the differential housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor