chops build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks good. The catch can is just to collect the coolant overflow caused by pressure and expansion in the cooling sysem, as it cools off, the coolant goes back into the radiator. Run one for sure, and find something that suits your needs. On my 32 Ford it is one of those rear skinny ones, it should be more. I am picturing something the size of a 20oz bottle, and should be fine.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Ok thanks Jim. Its how I thought it worked but wanted to make sure. Thats the next part on my list. Here's my new umi roto joint control arms! Thanks for the holiday sale!
20150911_174258.jpg
20150911_174404.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Sweet, those are bas *ss looking for sure!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
It's been a few weeks, haven't heard from you, any progress?

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Hey man!! Sorry its been a while lol....
So I sold everything as far as my machining equipment goes and whatever gun parts and old car and motorcycle parts I could (still selling btw!) So I can upgrade my shop!!!
I now have a jet mill 9x42 (bridgeport clone) and a 12x36 tool room lathe. I ordered my rf45 cnc conversion and I am waiting on that to come in now. I just picked up a few more customers to work for so I have changed my game plan for my shop. I am hoping to soon have my cnc maching center in less then a year. So other then moving the car around lol I haven't done anything. But hopefully I will get the front done and get started on the rear soon. And I appreciate you asking where and whats up btw!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Sounds good, glad you were able to sell off the stuff you weren't using. I haven't heard from you in a bit so I figured I would reach out.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
New mill and new to me lathe
20151026_181651.jpg
20151026_181600.jpg
20151030_160116.jpg
I have the table power feed and a new glass scale digital readout coming in the mail now. I also brought my 1st new kurt vice.500 just for that but my 1st job on the mill is paying for that so there is the plus side. I put every penny I ever made into my shop before my accident and I will do the same this time around. I should have my cnc rf45 conversion in my shop on sunday and hoping that will be up and running so it can earn its keep asap. I sold a ton of stuff to make this happen and I hated parting with the money but I feel I have some much better equipment for the money I put out. And I get some really good deals btw. Thats another plus. So should anyone need any machine work I am available lol

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I may have to start thinking of things I need made! That's some nice gear for sure, I wish I had the room for something like that, maybe in a year or two!

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Funny thing is for everything I have brought so far I have not spent alot. I shopped for the best deals and best equipment I could for what I was willing to spend. I thing the 2nd hardest part was moving the machines and getting them in my shop.

But hey my pocket would thank you for any work lol. And seeing what you can do Jim I know you would love having your own mill and lathe. The company I purchased these thru just got about 25 bridgeport in stock from a company buy out and I am sure you could get one for around 1000 to 1500. These are not as nice as mine but with some love they would rock. And they are close to you. In Lebanon NJ. I can text you the info if you like. Really decent guys to.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Funny thing is for everything I have brought so far I have not spent alot. I shopped for the best deals and best equipment I could for what I was willing to spend. I thing the 2nd hardest part was moving the machines and getting them in my shop.

But hey my pocket would thank you for any work lol. And seeing what you can do Jim I know you would love having your own mill and lathe. The company I purchased these thru just got about 25 bridgeport in stock from a company buy out and I am sure you could get one for around 1000 to 1500. These are not as nice as mine but with some love they would rock. And they are close to you. In Lebanon NJ. I can text you the info if you like. Really decent guys to.
As the car get in paint, I am sure there are going to be some additional things I want to build for the car. I have absolutely zero room for a mill, or else I would snatch one up. Though I would be interested in that contact information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor