chops build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
New power feed on my manual mill make milling so much nicer.lol.
20151103_133609.jpg
using the power feed my son is making the t nut for...... this...
20151104_155304.jpg

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
My new quick change tool post setup. No more having to shim cutters and the hassle associated with that! Plus its way faster to change out tooling now.now can anyone stop by and hook up my lathe so I can run the mill at the same time? Please?
20151104_171620.jpg

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Ok so it's been to long lol. I needed to get my shop in order...Ok still trying to do that but my cnc is now running! After a complete mechanical rebuild and making new gibs because they ones it had were junk and replacing the base it's now a running cnc. I am very glad I didn't buy this mill new! They say you get WHAT YOU PAY FOR! So true but it's sad how this company who built this is still taking money from people who just dont have a clue. A true ripoff. I am now building a new controller but while I am doing that I can use it. I wrote a simple program and it did the job but I had to experience more issues. Which I wound up removing the crappy limit switches. I now have enclosed roller types that I am installing which imo should have been stock. Tomorrow I will make my 1st part and it's nice to finally have another cnc. Only 14 more months until I have my haas vf0 milling center! Oh and now that my shop is getting in order my olds is next on the list lol . Rear disk brakes and umi gear will finally be installed!
20160122_183111.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Awesome! Glad to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
So every once in a while I do occasionally look at this big white car that is taken up half of my shop and I think wtf man get in gear. So ok
Pic to follow...
My car now has racing seats! Yes pep boys specials!! But I paid 100 for them new in the box of c.l. and took a hr drive to get them. And I got the seat brackets of ebay for 115 shipped. I now need some cheap 5 point harnesses if anyone has some.
The brackets needed some rework to fit the floor because they were off. (Chinese made). But the seats are cleaner and nicer then the 442 seats that came with. And I sit a lower in them which I like.

So now I been wanting a 200 trans because you guys said that's the way to go so here is what I found

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221990520050

The guy sent me a vid from the installation and how many miles he had on it and one from the removal plus the pic5 of milage. He has paper work as well. This comes with a 2400 to 2600 stall and a 2qt extra aluminum finned pan. It has less then 4000 miles and he claims he babies his car. Now I can snag it for less then his asking price and he is less then a hr away. It also comes with the lock up stuff,dip stick,tv cable and flywheel cover. He said he spent 2500 plus 260 extra for the convertor and 220 for the pan. Again shows invoices.

A good deal? Right now I am running a Tci th350 that came in my car. My motor is a healthy 406sbc. And I have a gn rear with 4.11's so highway driving sucks!! Also he said he runs nothing but royal purple.

What says the community? What should I check for? Better deal then a 700 r4 bully from richmond va?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Im down with a 2004r before a 700, but then again, I've always had good luck with them. And, the gbodies came with them so the changeover is easier.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Hey brother! It's that same trans I sent u the link to about a month back. I finally broke down. Lol. I was ready to buy a 700 cause its cheaper to buy one built and a 200 is double or more then the 700. But this guy's got paper work and videos he sent showing when,where,how and so forth. Most guys don't or can't prove their story at all so this makes me feel some what better. I am going tomorrow to pick it up if my sick lil girl feels better. I am very excited about this trans.

It's one of those items like the street demon carb I brought that made me like the car more and a worthy upgrade. Plus I knew the nite I brought the cutty that 1 hr ride home with Flowmasters signing at twice the rpm my impala cruz's at that I was spending the cake.

I picked up a harbor freight 20 ton press today. So now I can make a jig to press out ak47 receivers. Oh plus I got to do a friend's control arm with new bushings and ball joints. I been on the line for a while about buying one and I just couldn't find a used one so I broke down. It really a shop tool I should have brought long ago so it's a good thing to have. No more running to a friend's shop or using a bfh when a lil heat and pressure will work as good. Anyway pics soon of transmission! !

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Hey brother! It's that same trans I sent u the link to about a month back. I finally broke down. Lol. I was ready to buy a 700 cause its cheaper to buy one built and a 200 is double or more then the 700. But this guy's got paper work and videos he sent showing when,where,how and so forth. Most guys don't or can't prove their story at all so this makes me feel some what better. I am going tomorrow to pick it up if my sick lil girl feels better. I am very excited about this trans.

It's one of those items like the street demon carb I brought that made me like the car more and a worthy upgrade. Plus I knew the nite I brought the cutty that 1 hr ride home with Flowmasters signing at twice the rpm my impala cruz's at that I was spending the cake.

I picked up a harbor freight 20 ton press today. So now I can make a jig to press out ak47 receivers. Oh plus I got to do a friend's control arm with new bushings and ball joints. I been on the line for a while about buying one and I just couldn't find a used one so I broke down. It really a shop tool I should have brought long ago so it's a good thing to have. No more running to a friend's shop or using a bfh when a lil heat and pressure will work as good. Anyway pics soon of transmission! !
Very nice! I have an HF press and it works fine for everything I ever need. If I have something heavy duty, I have a massive press an the base I can use.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
So....its been 3yrs now...poor olds...sat out side in the gravel....well I finally got around to doing some stuff...new parts are in and tires are ordered... had to dig out and find parts plus I am still missing stuff (new tail lights...anyone have a nice set?lol)..more work has been done in a week then over 3yrs. The rear is almost done and the new springs n umi gear is all done.now the rear brakes. I wanted vette but funds are tight n I had to buy a radiator....one I had was to wide. So Champion radiator to the rescue. New trans lines are on the way from Mike's Montes. At this point all I wanna do is make her drive again. I will deal with the rest later.more pictures soon
20190703_172904.jpg

Attachments

• 20190703_172831.jpg
    20190703_172831.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143
  • 20190703_172843.jpg
    20190703_172843.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 143
Reactions: 1 users
I just reread this whole build, nice to see you are back at it. I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor