Defeat trunk lock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Times like these is when you wish someone would have purchased the power trunk release option.... I know after that MCSS incident, I never bought another car without it.

Reactions: 1 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Times like these is when you wish someone would have purchased the power trunk release option.... I know after that MCSS incident, I never bought another car without it.
I have pulled them from parts cars and then installed them on my own cars if they didn't come with one.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have one waiting to go on after I do the patch work on the trunk lid for such reasons too.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Ya know, when it rains- it pours. Today I was going over to help him deal with this and my AC blower would only work on high. No problemo I'll just go jiggle the resistor block. I go to pull the hood release and it comes off in my hand. So now MY HOOD is stuck closed! JUST SHOOT ME NOW!!!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ya know, when it rains- it pours. Today I was going over to help him deal with this and my AC blower would only work on high. No problemo I'll just go jiggle the resistor block. I go to pull the hood release and it comes off in my hand. So now MY HOOD is stuck closed! JUST SHOOT ME NOW!!!!

I guess you'll be happy when this year is over.....you should be able to grab the wire with visegrips to open the hood. That cable isn't fun to replace tho...

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, not my first time for this. I'm wondering if I could relocate the cable end to make it easier to just reach up under the grille or something.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
on the relocate idea , Ed1948 has a great idea that he use's on his SS ..........now Ed has been missing the last few weeks.
I will see if I get his attention to this.

HEY ED !!!

could be a minute or 2

now using smoke signals...........good thing is he only lives a few miles away from me

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The '77-'81 Firebirds used a short cable that mounted right behind the grille. I could maybe just drill a hole and get the retainer clip.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor