Dodge dealer auctions off SRT8 Challenger for $29K - tries t

Status
Not open for further replies.

413Cutlass

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2009
Western, Ma
Heard about this on autoblog.
3rd time I've heard of a dealer tryin to pull this crap.
Pretty much what happened, was they auctioned the car on ebay,
only got $29K as the winning bid, and are tryin to go back on the guy.
Just tryin to spread it around as much as possible as lots of attention
is what got this type of thing resolved before.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5 ... -1k-34598/

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
413Cutlass said:
Heard about this on autoblog.
3rd time I've heard of a dealer tryin to pull this crap.
Pretty much what happened, was they auctioned the car on ebay,
only got $29K as the winning bid, and are tryin to go back on the guy.
Just tryin to spread it around as much as possible as lots of attention
is what got this type of thing resolved before.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5 ... -1k-34598/

What do you expect. The seller's a new username with a feedback rating of 0. He'd easily break the contract and signup with another username to save some money. Matter of fact, he probably signed up with a new username JUST TO BE ABLE TO go back on the deal if something like that happenned. ****ing idiot all he had to do was set a reserve price. Morons.

Here's my suggestion: find out what his real, actual ebay username is. Might take some time and research, but it could be done. You can also get his phone number through Ebay I believe.

413Cutlass

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2009
Western, Ma
Well the guy got the car for $29k plus TTL.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
Never buy a car on EBAY, I got smoked twice and was lucky to find a chump to buy them for what money I had in it to run..EBAY is the dealerships and wholesalers dumping ground..

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
anakputa said:
EBAY is the dealerships and wholesalers dumping ground.
Not really. It's no different than buying a used car off a lot or from a private party-there are good people to do business with, and there are bad. We're the oldest existing Chevy dealer on the planet, with 92 years in the same family, a damn good reputation, and we use eBay from time to time for some of our unusual used cars. Sometimes, with a truly unusual car, you just can't get enough interested buyers with the websites we subscribe to, such as Auto Trader, Vehix etc. and local advertising. In the past few months we've sold cars on eBay such as a 2001 SLP Camaro with 400 miles(yes, 400 original and documented), and a 96 Impala SS one-owner trade with 30,000 miles. It's kinda like your dad told you when you were young; If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor